Monday, March 21, 2016

Bishoujo: Tali'Zorah


She is finally here! The second statue addition for my 2016 line up and it's only March! My oh my! What a year it is going to be for collecting! Well, before any of that, I do want to talk about this beauty. Other than the obvious fact that I love Tali and all the things she is from Mass Effect, this statue proves to be a gem! So with that opinion in tow, let's go ahead and jump on the figure and scrutinize what makes her great in my opinion!



Somehow I was under the impression only special version have black boxes. Guess I was wrong, but Tali is special. Well, on to the figure!


We'll do a complete look at the figure but just looking at this angle, I have to say she is gorgeous. We'll start off by talking about her paint job... immaculate! Everything about the different variations of purple really does make you think Tali. The patterns on her 'clothing' is also rather recognizable and the small hints of gold all about are also accurate. The layers and all the different textures that are put into this are just amazing.

 

 

Then of course the black contrasts along with the silver! I can't go enough in details to say just how much I am impressed with Kotobukiya's work on the paint job. Time after time I am just astounded by how well this company can make a popular female character and make them 'their own version'. Though Tali, paint job and all, still symbolizes her Bioware counter part in every way.


Now when we talk about the sculpt, yes this is Tali. Down to the core. The way her veil hangs around her head, the little straps here and there, her signature Quarian hands and feet, then the wonderful 'mysterious' face that is just teased through her helmet:


We did get a 'canon' version of her face in Mass Effect 3, so perhaps it would have been nice to get a variant. But I know not a lot of fans appreciated that and some even want to keep this mysterious look of Tali; so for that sake, this one looks good. It's transparent to see the shape of her face and the 'eyes', but not enough to reveal anything about her enigma that she held from Mass Effect 1 until near the end of Mass Effect 3.


The details on her Quarian Reegar Carbine is amazing as well. Just the rivets, the certain color palette to signify metal... man.


Then look at those different textures put into her suit. The straps. I love those different honeycomb sections then to the... uh.... err.... This is Tali accurate!



And just like Jane Shepard and Juri Han, Tali has alternate stand designs. As you can tell, I chose the Tali art more than the 'Mass Effect 3' lettering for a permanent stand. Though, I do know this suit more from Mass Effect 2; and that game was my favorite out of the three.



And here is Bishoujo Tali next to some of my Mass Effect Playarts Kai figures(Garrus and Tali). Obviously Tali Bishoujo has the details while the Playarts Kai has the articulation and the accessories. I don't have too many Mass Effect collectibles, but I do love what I have. I swear I will have a 'redo' review for some of these figures.


And as I mentioned before, FemShep shares her alternate stand and I still have Ms. Shepard designed with her Renegade symbol and her gun rather than her Ombi-blade. They stand well side by side, I say.


And here she is in my Mass Effect shelf that is slowly growing. I don't think there are anymore in my crosshairs when it comes to Mass Effect merchandise so I should be good. Though those POPs.... hmmm.


I didn't mention the 'negative' things about this Bishoujo--that's because there is hardly any for me. I mean, a variant weapon or head is always nice, but this one is as simple as it is awesome. I think this is a lovely addition to anyone Mass Effect/ Tali fans. Bishoujo did a great job and it isn't so anime enough to take away for anyone who loves Mass Effect but aren't big into the anime versions of some of the work Bishoujo does. I love her and I'm glad to have her in my collection!

Also for those who are interested, there is a variant colored version. I am pretty sure I won't be getting her because the change isn't that drastic to warrant buying it; basically it almost feels like I'd be buying the figure twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment