Sunday, June 16, 2013

Bishoujo: Commander Shepard

BigBadToystore
She has indeed arrived! Commander Shepard in her Bishoujo adaptation! Been gawking at this bad girl for the longest time now and because of a certain special occasion, I finally have her in my possession! Armed and ready to add some more Mass Effect Badass'ness!!!!


Again the boxes of Bishoujos are always something to marvel at! The transparent cover and the art style is again tempting to leave such statue in their respected box, but again, I'm no longer THAT type of collector in regards to certain ones.


Interchangeable arms allows for certain 'action' postures. The famous and ME3 exclusive omniblade returns and for the variant arm is the M55 Argus Rifle(barely used it in ME3, honestly). As impressive as that 'minor' addition is in this statue, one thing that really got my collector senses on haywire(the good way) is the fact that they added a little bit more attention to 'detail' with these:


Yes, you discerned correctly! One can change the base's 'design' and make it either paragon or renegade! One just merely has to open the bottom part of the base and place whichever insignia one would find adequate for how one played. Honestly, I was mostly paragon, but the renegade fits the color scheme so I know which one I went with.


Details on the face isn't something I would say adheres to the Jane Shepard that we know in the game(the default one, of course). She is adorned by the common 'face' of anime which is 'perfect', immaculate facial texture, and did I mention if looks could kill? I suppose they managed to get the hairstyle, but other than that, it isn't the prominent FemShep.


The omni posture looks intimidating enough. Truth to be told, the details on her armor is immaculate to the game with all the ridges and the panels. While Shepard's armor has always been on the 'skin tight' side(which makes it more appealing for the female version), it always has that 'armor plating' look to it which makes it convincing that she can take a few rounds or so. That or her invisible shields can do the trick before her armor!


Side profile and back side does her justice as well. My only small gripe is that I wish that they spent some coloring on the area where there is lighting(closer to her shoulder blades). Red coloring would do well with it, but again, no real worries on that part.


Not that there would be a substantial difference, but it's nice to add in the variant of this Bishoujo. With the renegade stand and the M55 Argus, let's see how she looks, shall we?


Not much of a difference I know. But again, it does shifts perspective a bit with having a gun instead of an omniblade. With that said...


I should go.... and place her amongst her fellow N7 collection!


The shelf itself is starting to get vibrant more than ever! Loving the addition of both Mordin and Jane Shepard for this month! If I add another N7 related toy, I will have to do some reorganizing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment