Friday, March 25, 2016

A Moment of Nerd Talk

Images from Bigbadtoystore
Well! Another line up of Marvel Legends BAF and it's going to be inspired by the Civil War movie coming out. I have to say, I'm not too excited for it because of the line up and the BAF itself. I mean... it's not eve n"Giant Man", it's Ant-Man stretched out! We had a 6 inch version of Ant-Man (I do not have) and while it looked great and it had some great sculpt from what I have seen, I don't think the figure warrants to be a BAF. Should have been a comic character like Goliath or .... someone else.


But I am interested in this Iron Man figure for a couple of reasons: one, I'm an Iron Man fan! Two, I like the 'new' armor. Three, IT HAS SPECIAL EFFECTS! Did Hasbro follow suit with some of the imports' foot steps?! This might bode well! I'm also interested in the Black Panther since my Toybiz one is in dire need of an update.


On other news, Dawn of Justice came out and I have been hearing some really REALLY bad reviews. Of course there are some good feedback, but from what I surmised: too many characters without a point to certain aspects of it. I wasn't a huge fan of Man of Steel (or the character for that matter) and to have the theme carry over to this 'much anticipated' movie.... and no, I'm not talking about a 'darker' story or what not... just the way it is filmed in general. And apparently, both Superman and Batman are idiots in this movie. Again, I'm just reading reviews and I'm not going to completely side with what they are saying even after I watch the movie, but just from the trailers, it makes sense.


But honestly, I really want to watch this film for Wonder Woman. And NO, it's not because she is the super heroine that paved bondage for the likes of Spider-Woman, Zatanna, Black Canary, Batgirl, etc; I truly do like Wonder Woman for perverted reasons and the idea of her. I have to admit, I do like how her costume looks in the movie and Gal Gadot may not look like the ultimate Wonder Woman, but from the trailers and what I have been reading/hearing, she actually did well and some are even excited to see her solo movie. If I like her performance enough (and her depiction), I'm going to have to try and get the Hot Toy. And having Wonder Woman in this movie is HUGE. It's her FIRST cinematic appearance and her first 'live action' version set on screen since Linda Carter!



But I think with Dawn of Justice getting this much reviews, I hope Suicide Squad does marvelously. I mean, it is also the FIRST cinematic appearance of Harley Quinn! Also a favorite of mine. As it is, her look is well received and also berated, so we'll see. I have a figure preordered of her and I might jump into the Hot Toy of her when it is announced.


Speaking of favorites.... everyone knows how much I love this gal, right? If not, check out these two 'favorite' section of mine:

Deviantart & Pinterest

I would die happy if they come out with a movie of her! And I would die happy TWICE if they do a homage of her old costume like they did with Cap in First Avenger! Her old suit is still the best, but I'm getting used to her new one. Imagine a hot toy of her?! MAN!

Anyways! That's all the nerd talk these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment