Saturday, October 22, 2016

ML Dormamu BAF: Enchantress


Enchantress? ENCHANTMENTS! Wait, no. Okay, so here we are with the first female character that came from the Dr. Strange Wave. Is it just me, or isn't she from Thor's rogue of villains? Did she tangle up with Dr. Strange once in a while? Or is this wave going to touch base on some magical based characters? Well, with that said, let's get on with the figure review.


Enchantress gets no Dr. Strange logo on the top of her box nor does she have the Dr. Strange title. Makes sense since she is a comic book character based and not cinematic.


The artwork is pretty amazing. Though she looks a bit too calm for Enchantress. And the back shows her running change; a gal I will most likely review towards the end of this set.


Amora, aka Enchantress, is definitely played safe in her action figure form. She is given some familiar body parts from previous female Legends, and received her own sculpted hair; and I do believe her face is all new. She is pretty accurate as a character would go, but Enchantress' look has varied from artist to artist. Hasbro got her most familiar traits: green based, blonde hair, and the head piece that reminds me of Scarlet Witch's(speaking of Wanda).



The head does suffer from being slightly a bit too large, but for the most part, it fits. The body itself I have no problem with but those damn heels! Female characters with heels just makes them that much harder to pose in a way that they cooperate. And while I love the skirt, it doesn't quite cooperate with some poses. I'll explain more in the articulation section.


Enchantress doesn't have much to offer when it comes to accessories. She comes with Dormamu's torso and that familiar magical effect. I swear when I did the review of Scarlet Witch, I knew that Hasbro would be recycling this every chance they get. I do wish they gave her something more 'fire' looking instead of the hex look, but here we are with this. It's a bright neon green so it does fit her color scheme pretty well.


We get every bit of standard articulation from Enchantress. The fun factor is about as much as your average Marvel Legend figure; and average I mean ones with less than mediocre or mediocre accessories and absolutely nothing new to offer. Then she also has these heels that makes her hard to stand for a few certain poses. Had to fight just to get her to be up on her feet. Oh, and the skirt rides up a bit too high which makes her look awkward. But, in the poses I got out of her, she was spectacular looking. She still didn't replicate a lot of the Enchantress poses you would expect from the character, but it was good enough.


Got her in some enchanting pics left and right. And doesn't this pic look familiar?


Love her or hate her, Amora is a must in this wave. Though for some, this is a recycled figure since Hasbro did release a comicon exclusive set that had her in there. I didn't get it for obvious reasons, so honestly this is a new figure to me. A pretty figure regardless, and a villainess. All in all, I like her enough but not enough to be 'wow'ed'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment