Thursday, February 16, 2017

(EA Figures) Mass Effect Series I: Grunt


Grunt was that character that you weren't supposed to get. The Krogan scientist that created him, Okeer, was supposed to be the Krogan member in the ME2 lineup but that didn't happen no matter what you did. Who you get is a tank bred Super (Krogan) Soldier named Grunt. This figure is plastic bred and has been in the case for some time but it's time to get him out of there!


I really do regret not getting Thane. I might still, though. Thane ended up being of my favorites in the Mass Effect lore. Grunt, on the other hand, I really started appreciating when we get into ME3. But that's another topic for another day. On to the figure.



While Wrex looked more 'organic' and closer to how all Krogans dressed, Grunt has a metallic and almost cybernetic look to him. Compare it to Hulk and Iron Man; Wrex is Hulk while Grunt here is sporting the Iron Man look. I liked his design and I like how it came out in the figure. From what I can remember, it looks accurate, save for the less vibrant lights in different parts of his body (reminds me of Iron Man's repulsors).


As everything that goes with this line: we get a weapon and a stand. That's it. Grunt has a shotgun and he holds it well enough. Definitely better than how Legion holds his sniper gun.


And his articulation isn't something that will wow anyone. But they do serve their purpose adequately for him to be displayed. Nothing dynamic, though.


Being the only Krogan in my collection of Mass Effect paraphernalia, I think he fits the job well. I'd prefer Wrex since he is a classic, but Grunt is cool. This figure is cool. Again, like a broken record, this line is outdated and more or less an affordable, detailed, and somewhat articulated statues. As a Mass Effect fan, I've found the enjoyment for them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment