Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Anime EVA Evangelion Q: Asuka Langley Shikinami


It's been some time since I gained an Asuka figure in my collection... well not really. Seems like a long time! But my newest addition is nothing short of awesomeness! Something that depicts her plugsuit appearance in the (Not) great rebuild of the series. So let's take a look at her!


No box to review since she did not come with one, or at least she was not sent to me with one. Who knows? It came from out of the country! That just means we can dive into the figure!


There are plenty of things to appreciate with this figure. The sculpt on its own is something to admire since it really plays homage to the anime character it depicts. The lithe frame of Asuka is very well recognized and the way she is standing: sexy, but offensive, hinting at something, but ready to kill you at a moment's notice is definitely the Asuka I know. The way she holds that spear too!


And speaking of sculpting, one of Asuka's finest areas is her hair. The way that shows dynamic, the shading, and the recognizable auburn styled hair of Asuka... truly satisfying to see and it is definitely a nice contrast to the whole dark red and gray color scheme.


Her "Q" plugsuit sheds away the dominant and vibrant red her original plugsuit had; she still wore it (or a variation of it anyway) in the 3rd movie, but this gray, red, and white suit is her main "Q" suit. Color wise, this figure does the trick. It isn't her most popular and I would like to say her fan-favorite suit, but it is a nice variation. I am not complaining.


And of course, fans of the new version of the classic 90s anime will recognize the eye patch Asuka.


And while NERV is dead in the 3rd installment (well, sort of), this base DOES pay homage to the past. And it also boldly states which movie this statue is inspired by.


And just cause, we can admire this pose just a few more angles, shall we?


For some reason, I didn't take a picture of my Asuka shrine! But these are the statues I have of her! I don't have one for her Eva 2.0 test plugsuit, and I'm not really planning on getting one.


Before I give my final words, unfortunately, the only quality issue I have is that white... spot on her.. backside... LEAVE IT TO THE IMAGINATION! But other than that, it's a fairly decent price figure! The pose is awesome. The idea is well executed. And most of all, the character is well recognized in this form. So a must have if you are an Asuka fan. It can also be a fan since there are other statues of this suit out there. Do I like it? Of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment