Monday, September 3, 2012

The Mass Effect 'Quad'


These set of toys are within the ranks of DC Direct. While they will probably not reciprocate the intricate details that the Playarts Kai will bring once I have them in my collection (Mass Effect: Playarts Kai), they do suffice in giving me satisfaction and bragging rights of just how having Mass Effect merchandise.


Tali was the first one I acquired a long time ago way before I was even in my new game room. She is the only one out of the three with the label: 'Mass Effect 2' and not 'Mass Effect 3'. Technically characters like Thane, Grunt, Legion, Mordin, and Miranda should be sold under the label of Mass Effect 2 since they originated from the game, but in some weird manner they are not sold that way.


Garrus' apparel are even from the second game! It comes complete with his battle 'scar' in his armor that he didn't bother to change at all in the game. Of course if one decides to put on his alternate outfit one can be rid of it, but still. My point is pretty clear about this is Mass Effect 2 merchandise. 


In terms of Krogan, I like Wrex better than Grunt. If they had a Wrex figure I'd buy him in a heartbeat, however, they do not. I had to make a choice between Grunt, Thane, Legion, Miranda, and Mordin... I would've picked Legion or Thane, but for some reason Grunt's weight and the work detail put into him just made me pick him in the end. But who am I kidding, I'll be getting the all someday!


I'll be very blatant about this. This figure doesn't exactly spell the best visage of Commander Shepard. In fact the face detail makes him look like one of the more nonsensical NPCs of the Mass Effect world, however it does have enough striking similarities that I am able to forgive the exuberance in it! But the detail in the armor is more than adequate and its' a Mass Effect merchandise! 

So needless to say, these are my Mass Effect collection! The Playarts Kai, when they arrive will spell great fortune in my collection world! 

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment