Friday, April 10, 2015

ML Thanos BAF: Batroc the Leaper


The first review of the Thanos BAF and it's none other than Batroc the Leaper! This less than C-List villain was never in my radar until the figure came to be and the story arc of Wolverine: Killable! Heck, Batroc came into my radar even more when we see a version of him in Winter Soldier! So here's his figure; what to say?


Right off the get go, we resume the same Hasbro packaging with a much more aesthetically pleasing artwork on the side. Here we have Batroc doing some of his popular leaping kicks in black and white art form!


This mold should be familiar more so now than ever with how much Hasbro has used it. I'll keep stating it until my opinion changes: I don't mind though if they did a few certain things to hide the fact that it is overly recycled, that would be great. Like for example: cover the shield hole on the back, give some alternate hands, or sculpt a few more things to make the figure 'special'. Though the head is a new sculpt I believe and it's really one of the things that makes him stick out!


I mean, look at that pompous grin! That mustache!


Batroc doesn't come with any accessories or alternate hands or anything. Just Thanos' upper body and shoulder pads. Shame. I can't really count a BAF as an accessory, sorry Hasbro, but you failed in this department.


Articulation is of no surprise to anyone I hope with this mold being a familiar one. Batroc in the comic book is a french savate fighter, so his moves includes high flying kicks and such. He is often seen fighting Captain America and his kicks often led to nothing with Cap just blocking it with his shield! So with that said, the bucky Cap mold does the job and it provides Batroc the proper movement that he needs. I had a mild problem with his waist the first time I opened it though. It was stuck and I had to use a box cutter just to give him the proper movement; with that all good I think he is back to the way he should be.

Spider-Girl, Ms. Marvel, Gamora, Black Widow
And with a grin like that and that mustache, one can really fit him in with a dastard villain posture. And what is a classic villain without his damsels in distress, right?


All in all, I think this figure was another under dog. While I'm not overly impressed, I am taken aback with how fun this figure is. Batroc, being a C-List villain became a familiar one for me and I had tons of fun reading some things about him and posing him to coincide with his comic book self. All in all, while he is a must because he hold Thanos' bigger BAF, he also is just a great addition to one's rogue of villains in their Marvel Legends set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment