Sunday, November 4, 2012

Playarts Kai: Garrus Vakarian


(Playarts Kai Mass Effect First Blog)

The second one that joined the fray of my Mass Effect paraphernalia! The Dark Knight of Omega that rises to the occasion with eloquence in the way he handles a sniper gun ... The Archangel; Garrus Vakaria!


I am enthused that Playarts are continuing this new way of making their boxes with the 'door frame' with the combination of the transparent window. Making it a choice to keep him in the box makes it that much easier, HOWEVER, the details are more justified when they are out and about.  You just get to see the fine details and a collector can truly recreate some good 'emotions' with the posture or what not. A simple badass posture with the said character and his/her weapon of choice does enough justice in my opinion, but to be able to just go a bit further? Well, Square Enix and their Playarts don't EXACTLy go further than good articulation and really good details, however I'm merely pointing out that a toy collector like myself how has been in this for decades can almost always appreciate what s/he are given from toy companies.


Unlike Commander Shepard and his rather stiff joint articulation, Garrus is a bit more forgiving. Easier to pose him and far easier to stand, surprisingly. I found a much easier time to get him to comply with certain action scenes or what not but surprisingly, I didn't do a plethora of shots for some strange reason. Maybe because Shepard remains to be my favorite character? But Garrus isn't too far behind to say the least. The interchangeable hands are a little less on my liking; usually one holds the weapon sort of deal, the other elicits the 'action' part with a fist, of some sort. Garrus' variation for hands are open and fingers bent 'ready to fire' idea. Oh well, right?

M-29 Sniper Rifle

M-15 Vindicator

The weapons available to him are exuberant in detail! Though I might have to stab at the notion that I don't think that the M-29 is Garrus' signature sniper rifle, but hey, the fact that it is an immaculate copy from the game is enough to avoid that slight mishap. The Vindicator and the N7 Valkyrie seems to be smaller than it actually looks like in the game; perhaps that's just my eyes deceiving me but regardless... And of course, since Garrus and anyone else don't use the Omniblade as often as Shepard, he didn't come with one. But again, no big loss. 

Now in regards to the detail, well, suffice to say that he is a bit more accurate than Shepard. Where Shepard's skin tone made him less of the default Shepard we all see in the box, Garrus seems to have every quality his game counter part has. The ME3 armor is of course carved with intricate attention! The way it is tangible in my hands and without any hinderance to say that it isn't Vakarian, well, that is a great feeling. Even the signature 'scope' in his eyes, the battle scars from ME2 that remains prominent in his face ... well, suffice to say they did a damn good job with Garrus' playarts counterpart! 


Believe it or not, Garrus got little to no complaint from me. I like everything about this playarts! Again, I have no major qualms in regards to the Shepard, but there was a couple of things to say but with Garrus, I must say I am pretty satisfied with the product I received. 

Yes, I am aware. Dual wielding never happened in the game.




And just to give a little bit of an idea of what the two looks like side by side like comrades in arm (as they are in the game). The height difference is pretty apparent.



And just to add a little bit of the party since I did so earlier with Shepard and my other Playarts Kai...


And last but not least to kind of show off:


Yes, I'm also well aware that my 'Mass Effect' shelf is rather pitiful, For Now. the DC Direct Mass Effect toys won't exactly fit in this shelf... besides. Something or someone else might join the foray!

Until Next time...!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment