Saturday, March 28, 2015

Bishoujo: Jubilee


I can't go a year without having one of these gals in my possession! Bishoujo remains to be one of the most beautiful statues around town and the fact that they have a good variety that spans from video games to comic book gals, I say I have a good chance of seeing some good ones in my genre. So here we have the ever so cute Jubilation Lee who is most popular and well known for her days in the X-Men animated series! How does she stand as her Bishoujo self?


The box is standard Bishoujo. One thing one must really admire with the side art is that it is a 99% exact copy of the figure itself! It's amazing how it could be drawn then put into a tangible piece of figure that speaks for the drawn art's beauty! Oh and She-Hulk is next in line apparently, which I'm not that interested at all.


One thing about Bishoujo is that they are apparently trying to step up on the fun factor by adding swaps an alternate heads/accessory. Jubilee has one of those features but it's not that much of a wow factor. Basically she has two sun wear. The first is the round 'standard' one that is shown on her box art. The other is:


A homage to her classic 90s pink glasses. I'm not that fond of it because it doesn't look as pronouncing as her round one:


So I just kept her other sun wear which is rounder and more adequate for me. Here's a good 360 on the statue:


Now her costume is a direct homage to her 90s outfit as well but with a slight 'twist'. Basically, she is sexualized a bit more which is a bit arousing and scary since if this is the Jubilee canon, she's barely seventeen I think. Regardless, let's just say she is legal in the Bishoujo version. Look at that frame though. Those assets and legs! Oh, the base isn't bad, just a tad insipid for something like Jubilee.



It's pointed out to me how convenient where the "X"s marks the spot on both her belt and her tube top accessory.


Oh. Yeah. The swishing of her jacket is really quite .... fitting. Speaking of form fitting... those dukes. That rump! Okay I'm going to try to review with a bit more 'professionalism'.

Jubilee's design as a Bishoujo is rather well done with the clothing. Despite it being a bit of a skimpier version of her older costume, it does adhere to the color theme, the rebellious teenager visage is more prominent, not to mention her stature fits a younger female heroine(I'm going to keep saying eighteen years old). The pose works well and it is a sexy pose, as Kotobukiya is known for with their Bishoujo line. One gripe I do have is that the lack of fireworks affect does make her a bit off. I know, I'm whining about special affects even on Bishoujo but come on? Don't I have the right to with Jubilee? Having something like that I think would've put this Bishoujo one par up!


Here she is lined up with her other two X-Lady Bishoujo teammates! Now, Bishoujos aren't even in scale so I'm not going to say these gals are, but I think she has some adequate line up with Psylocke.

Psylocke
X-23

Despite the minor gripes I have, I think Jubilee is good. It's really hard to make me regret a Bishoujo purchase with just how amazing Kotobukiya does this line. All in all, she does well with her place in the almost too full shelf of my Marvel Bishoujo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment