Monday, July 18, 2016

POP: (Batman vs Superman) Wonder Woman


Another POP and this time it's the Cinematic version of Wonder Woman herself (a movie I have yet to see by the way). So despite me not having any kind of reference for the costume's action dynamics aside from the trailers, I have to say, I do love this version of Wonder Woman. It pays homage to the classic Wonder Woman outfit but still make it very .... functional and theme wise it makes sense. Anyways, I should be getting the Playarts Kai of this but let me just talk about the POP version.



A normal box for POP. It shows the other figures of the wave and I have zero interest in any of them as of right now. If anything else, I will not be getting the Aquaman for sure because ... (excuse my francais) but FUCK Aquaman--Namor is better. Imperiux REX!

 

This is one of the rare times you will hear(read) me say this but the chibi ginormous head may be the first time that it takes away from a POP version of a character. I don't know why, but for some reason, Wonder Woman's head seems to really block some good visuals on the figure's aesthetics. Granted, it's not going to be super detailed, but it just seems really obstructing from certain angles.

 

But one thing I will say is that the red, blue, and gold seems to really be on par with the original colors. I guess I can't really admonish this figure because it is a POP so as a POP it is fairly good. I'll just have to talk about the aesthetics of her costume when I actually have a more 'humanoid' figure off her(PLAYARTS KAI).



Here she is next to the other Cinematic Versions of her DC mates. Out of the three, Harley is still my favorite; not because it is Harley but because of the POP itself.


There she is on my DC shelf.... something I need to do is find another shelf for these guys. So at any rate, not a bad POP. I do like the fact I have her. Hindsight, I might have gotten a different kind of 'mini' Wonder Woman figure had I known this POP version of her would not have been the best deal. Still, when I get these kinds of figures, I don't expect sexy or anything but Wonder Woman seems a bit... off. Get it if you are a fan of Wonder Woman and this version. Definitely get it if you are trying to complete the Cinematic version of the Trinity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment