Tuesday, July 12, 2016

POP: Suicide Squad Movie Harley Quinn


As much as I love this costume of hers, I was bound to get just about every merchandise of her wearing it as I can. POP is definitely part of my collection so needless to say, the moment I saw her in my local retail store I just had to snag her and boom. Let's review her, shall we?



While generally boxes of POP remains the same, Funko does try their best to add some 'spice' to the designs. This particular set will have the signature "Suicide Squad" logo. The back shows all the figures in the set. I might pick up the other Harleys as well as Katana and Enchantress. Don't know yet. Maybe.


Right off the get go I will point out that this POP comes with a stand. I'm not sure if this is the first POP that has this stand (similar to the mini Playarts FF characters; forgot what they are called), but it is the first one in my collection that has it. Helps her stand quite well since she is wearing some unreliable heels.


As a comic book fan, I have some preconceived notions about certain characters. Clearly I'm not the only one who has that same mindset... Harley Quinn was bound to get some scrutinizing the moment she stepped into the cinematic universe. I'm not here to debate whether the cinematic debut of Harley Quinn is up to par or what not. Personally, I like it for my own reasons, but for the sake of this figure, it does capture the the details rather well for a POP. The recognizable blue and red pigtails, the tattoos, and then the ensemble and all.


She really is a neat colorful package, don't you think?


Here she is next to the Jada Toys Mini Harley. While they are completely different in terms of art style, they also have their own distinct take on Harley's cinematic form. Funny enough, the POP seems to have more fine tuning to her.


And here she is next to my other DC related POP figures(Supergirl and Dark Knight Batman)


Added to the cramped and rather lively DC shelf, POP Harley will probably not stay here; I'll find a room for all my POPs, me thinks. But all in all, she is a great addition. I do like the idea of the stand since having these POPs in more 'dynamic' stances rather than the usual stoic stand up right will be a great entertainment value for the years to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment