Thursday, April 30, 2015

ML Thanos BAF: Hulk (AoU)


The green Goliath! Hulk has always been a stapled member of the Avengers despite his overall lack of control of his personality. Over the years that has changed and he has become more of a team member, and of course, with the movie Avengers, he seems to be more suitable for the job than the earlier comic book counter part of his. Being the first cinematic Hulk figure I own, how does this fare to the rest of my Hulk collection?


It's almost insulting to have Hulk smashed(pun) inside a small Hasbro box such as this one. If we were judging on size alone, I think Hulk would've made a good BAF, but let's be honest, if there are a five other Hulks that came before that weren't BAFs, why on Earth would it make sense that he would be one here? Well at any given rate, let's just jump on the figure and check him out.


I'm not a huge Hulk fan and I think I have made that known more than once. There is something awfully boring about Hulk and it may just be his aesthetics. Big brawny characters were never my type in any genre I am into. Slow, powerful, and just down right muscle is what Hulk is about; though he is the epitome of rage. Though for a Hulk figure, I say this one can pull it off both in cinematic point of view and comic book. This figure has the size, the mean look(does retain the Mark Ruffalo look, but Hulk has been drawn so many ways that this one can pass as comic book), the details on the muscle, and the right amount of green. Though one thing is that his pants does have an "Avenger" logo on it. It implies that Banner gets special pants that likely concurs with his 'condition' of always being angry. Oh, and this is 5th most used body mold Hasbro has; usually leans on the REALLY big male figures. Hulk is a proper candidate.


He lacks in accessory department. The right arm BAF piece of Thanos is the only thing he has to really offer. Wish he had the 'shock wave' clap alternate hands!


Articulation wise, well, he is surprisingly nimble for someone who just smashes, jumps really high, and yells for popularity. It's even more ironic that he has more agility to offer than some of the smaller figures that are suppose to be the fast, agile characters. It mostly has a lot to do with his leg articulation. This guy can do the splits if one really wants him to be in the pose. The one thing about this figure though is that he is too heavy for any of the figure stands that I own so no high jump poses for him. Also, no alternate hands leads him to limited dynamic poses.

House of M, King Hulk, Rulk, Grey Hulk, Planet Hulk, Maestro, and Spider-Hulk
So for someone who isn't a big fan of Hulk, I sure how a good amount, don't I? Honestly, it's hard not to have Hulk since he is a pretty popular character. I would imagine that I have a couple of other characters that fall in that category.


So all in all, I am glad that a movie Hulk is now in my possession. It's honestly a good figure and probably one of the most articulated ones I own. Would I want to own another Cinematic Hulk? Well if they do something to change his look, then possibly. All in all, I think I'm good with this Hulk. He does come in one of my most anticipated BAF set so why not? 

No comments:

Post a Comment