Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Random Part of The Collection:


These certain toys I've had for a while now. They have been part of the rather prestigious game room set up I've had this whole year in the lonely little bottom shelf. So I suppose it's about time they get a bit more of an attention, huh?

While Venom has been one of my favorite Marvel characters for some time now, it would only be adequate to say that I have a large amount of Venom toys at my disposal. The Symbiote shelf(Shelf of The Symbiotes) that I have in between the two shelves of my game room is just a small sample of the Venom paraphernalia that lurks about in my collection. This particular Venom was made by Toybiz in that era where there were just a myriad of Spider-Man toys coming out for no particular reason... but just to have them. While the majority were crap, some did come out rather enticing. This Venom was good in aesthetics to really showcase his feral form... but articulation rather sucks. Oh well. Details are great especially in his trademark venomous tongue that lashes so forth whenever he feels like speaking or just plain being gross.

Now this guy is part of my example that they came out with Spider-Man just to make them, hoping that someone would erroneously think that it's the most enamoring figure ever! Admittedly, here I am possessing the 'Spider-Hulk' and well, inside its case it wasn't all that great. In fact I had every thought to just donate or sell the guy. Didn't really know what to do with him so I just took him out of the box. I was rather flabbergasted at how fun this thing is in terms of his looks, his details, and his pose value (though again, articulation wasn't all that great). Guess I would never really have that going if I never decided to take him out. Makes for a good 'jovial' and humorous decor.

Now one of the things about Wolverine action figures are the horrendous ways they make the claws. There are a myriad of things that could go awry when Toybiz and even now, as Hasbro makes them that could go wrong with his claws: length, lack of linearity which makes them not so adamntium looking, color, spacing, and the list goes on. Now take all that away, this Wolverine from the Red Hulk series isn't all that bad. In fact it's one of the best(at what he does!) with the rather accurate details, the mean gruff look, the articulation value, and the nostalgia of one of Logan's most popular(and atrocious) outfit. I was ambivalent about opening this bad boy, eventually I did since he does have a variant that is unopened at my disposal. Still...

It was suppose to be the 'fastball special' pose. Turned out to be a carnival trick.
Well, that's that. It's always good to reminisce and give attention to some of my more 'peon' decors. It makes me realize that some of them are so much more fun than I give the credit for!

No comments:

Post a Comment