Friday, July 5, 2013

Marvel Legends BAF: "RULK" (Red Hulk) Series

Rulk Series: Union Jack, Spiral, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Warlock, Silver Savage
This is the series that got me to really start paying attention to Hasbro's BAF line. Hell, it's the first of their wave that really got me to start seeing Hasbro Marvel Legends in a new light, PERIOD. After Toybiz passed on the mantle, I was a bit sullen seeing the 'Blob series' and the debacle of Movie Phoenix and Emma Frost looking so masculine. A combination of bad BAF and solo figures does not bode well with me. But again, the Red Hulk Series gave me some hope and that said hope perpetuated to the present when Marvel Legends was revived!

Onslaught Series
Red Hulk aka RULK's size is almost on par with Onslaught. Though truthfully that doesn't really say much considering how Onslaught compares to Apocalypse. But in regards to bulkiness, Rulk does abide by what most Hulk toys would depict the green behemoth. Detail wise I'm still leaning on Onslaught to take the cake between this guy and Apocalypse. But then again, for the most part, the sculpting of Rulk is pretty much intricate to what one can do with a muscular red version of Banner's angry side. Even got the blue pants immaculately if we are to judge things on that small detail. But missing black finger and toenails! 


Muscles and muscles! One would be extremely asinine to not adhere to that little detail since strength is all of the 'Hulks'(yeah, there are a lot of them! Agents of S.M.A.S.H would better define just a couple of them). A bit mundane, but again, that is what makes Hulk, HULK and that even applies to Rulk. That's a lot of 'ulking' there! Moving on.


Sadly enough there isn't much to be done with his articulation. I mean, there could be a few but there isn't a plethora of them that one can really put this guy on. All I fervently got myself into are a few angry postures and some intimidating "I'll punch the living pie hole out of you" innuendo!

"...hotter Rulk gets... stronger Rulk becomes!!!"
Basically for me its the pieces that came with him that got me to just 'catch them all'. Black Spidey, Jim Lee Wolverine, Spiral, and Silver Savage are ones I really wanted so when I have four out of six on hand, might as well get the other two and piece this guy together. I may sound like I disdain this figure a lot, I really don't. I've never been a HUGE Hulk fan, but he is part of the core Marvel team so I'll have to lean on him a bit. Just a LITTLE bit.


Okay, so I have more than enough Hulks to kind of push some inkling that I have some respect for this character. But for the most part, it was the fact that I wanted to have my fingers on all areas of Marvel's pulse. While a couple came with a set. Go figure.


All in all, I'm glad I have this figure. Hasbro did a decent job on him and if I was to just judge on colors alone, Rulk is my favorite out of all the Hulks. Though sadly, his story isn't that great to me. That and this Hulk uses guns??? What? Maybe for 'fan service' they should've had him have guns... but that would've entailed to them adding one more figure just to complete the set. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment