Thursday, July 18, 2013

Wolverine: "Dark" and X-Force


Like Father, Like Son, I suppose. Perhaps it is, but truth to be told, I could really care less about Daken. No idea what was up with that but it seems that every super hero has to have some kind of offspring nowadays; illegitimate or not. But anyways, this two are from Hasbro's Marvel Legends line up, suffice to say. So far, my favorite Wolverine figures so far!

So X-Force gave Logan the darker and more stealth-like attire. Dark, gloomy, but still deciding to show off as much arms as possible(funny). The first run of this comic book was quite the change with the roster. It also revived an old time fan favorite, Archangel and it really started diving into the messy part that the X-Men cannot do. We got a whole lot of good things from that saga of this costume! We had Domino and Logan going sex and violence like, we had X-23 staying true to her original core, the Angel of Death! Killer Psylocke... lots of great artist were in the roster! Michael Choi being one of them. Damn, let's put aside the badass costume for a moment because I thought that era of Black and Red was damn great! That and this figure is badass! Articulation gives him a myriad of possibilities for action, colors are great and accurate to the comic book, that and these are the best claws(up to date) that a Wolverine figure has. It's not super flimsy that it will warp so easily and it CAN come off; just haven't really tried that yet.

Ah Daken. I hate this guy. He is utterly useless and truth to be told, I just wish they made an updated version of X-23 in the hasbro line that isn't Marvel Universe size! An X-Force Laura Kinney would be fantastic, but again, for some strange reason they don't indulge in that. Have to admit though, despite my dislike for this character, this figure is as good in the articulation as the X-Force Logan. Some areas a bit better. The 'Gaijin' outfit(as I have coined this costume because I read it somewhere and sometime that it's what it's called) is classic though. Nostalgia with this uniform. And Daken does have a mohawk variation; or unmasked which makes it kind of cool. Glad there is a distinction with the two bone claws and his tattoo going on.

Round 1... FIGHT!
My bet is on Wolverine X-Force. Anyways, I did do a fighting sequence with these two, but I didn't like how it turned out, so suffice it to say, I am not going to post it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment