Wednesday, January 1, 2014

.:Masterless and Rage:.



"Is it too early to ask?"

"Yeah, it is actually." I chuckle. "Way too early."

"Do you think me irrational?"

"Sometimes. But I can concur that you have the right to feel some of the things you do."

"Why do you encourage me to fight?"

I tilt my head to her slightly; my somber red eyes slightly glistening with a hint of disapproval for such a blatant and biased question. Obviously somewhere along the lines something got misconstrued. Between she and I, so much communication could be lost because of our 'differences' and our 'similarities'.

"I encourage you to do the right thing."

"And what is the right thing, Masterless?"

At most days, her condescending tone usually has the affect to smear any sense of confidence in me. But lately there has been a very potent paradigm shift. I take a deep breath and look off into the fire works from afar.

"The right thing is," I take a huge gulp of the beer in my hand.  "To try until you know for a fact that there is nothing else left to do."

A cliche that she and I have heard a dozen times before. It may not have the same affect as one would hope, but it does ring an inextricable truth.

"But do know this. " I say. "Despite what anyone else say, you ARE the beginning and you ARE the end."

"I thought you are neutral."

"I am. I'm just stating a truth that is fabricated because of all of your Rage."


No comments:

Post a Comment