Friday, May 15, 2015

Funko Magic the Gathering: Lilliana Vess


I have no idea what this character is about nor do I have any knowledge about Magic the Gathering aside from it has cool art and it's a hell of a popular card game. So what am I doing with this figure? Well I've been staring at this at my local target and I was always intrigued by her design. I couldn't fork out the money they were asking for it though but when it hit clearance, well, I jumped on it! It's basically 1/3 the price of a Marvel Legends so I couldn't pass that up! So how does this fare to the rest of my collection?


The box itself is interesting. In the back there is an awesome art of the character and a list of the others in this series. I took the liberty of browsing they internet to see what the characters look like and I must say, a couple of them are interesting and they're pretty cheap online. might get them eventually.


The figure itself has plenty of things to offer in terms of accessories and sculpt. Just the different clothing articles that are all pliable material are a cool little addition. SO much things going on with her, the paint on her body (tattoos I assume) are okay, but they do seem to wear off. Her color scheme is well done and impressive as an action figure. Her face is well done as well and not manly at all. Her hair isn't as well detailed as the rest of her but it is also made with a pliable material that it does not hinder her head movements(will talk about it more in the articulation section). The mold itself is feminine enough; basically, it's a good looking female figure.


When I start going into articulation, unfortunately she lacks. Shame because she has the accessories in terms of clothing to make her look good in some poses. Her clothing(half skirt should I say) bends so that it won't hinder too much leg movement, and her hair as I mentioned is giving so the head rotation isn't hampered as it could be. Her legs are still and so are her hips so giving her some of the feminine stances are almost impossible to accomplish. She can do certain stances that makes her look 'powerful', but not enough to show sensuality, which I would assume could come from a character like her.


While Hasbro can take some tips from Funko in regards to some of the clothing article and the pliable hair, there is one thing Funko can take from Hasbro and surprisingly it is in the department of durability/quality. Wait, what? The left arm shoulder joint broke as well as her hip and some of the clothing came off rather easily(as can be seen on the right hand wrist hassle(?)). I had to super glue those joints back together which means she has even more limited movements. Basically, I know why she is so darn cheap now.


While she may come as a disappointment in some areas, her price doesn't put her down that low. In fact, I'm still curious about the other characters. I might buy one more to 'test' its quality; maybe I just received a very defected figure. Like I have any more room to expand my collecting habits, huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment