Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Gaming


I hope to decorate this blog with a few more things; more interesting things once the 'change' happens. But since I touched based on the three things that are usually on my blog, might as well poke at a few things that are possibly coming up:

Gaming:

Mass Effect Andromeda
So far, it's fun. The pace for story is a bit slow and some of the interaction feels a bit forced. Maybe I'm just missing the old crew too much. Reminds me of Dragon Age Inquisition, though the roster are a bit more interesting in Mass Effect Andromeda. Some old VAs make a return and some of the characters are interesting enough (currently interested in Peebee and Javik's new character; don't know his name by heart yet since I obviously just met him). Have to give it a shot since the battle system is intensely fun and a lot of modifying to do!

Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
Now this game I'm still putting in some hours despite having Mass Effect in front of me. That should come to no surprise since I have been a long-time fan of the series since its first installment. There is only one Disgeae that I didn't really like (Disgaea 3), but even that one I played like heck. With Disgaea 5 retaining what makes the Disgaea series fantastic for me (humor, gameplay, customization, fan service, and parodies), it also enhances some of it and it is a gorgeous game for what it is. I don't think I'm half way into the story and I already have over MORE than enough hours to claim I have time that I claim I have.

FFX-2: Remaster
I bought FFX/X2 Remaster on my ps3 but I thought getting it for my PS4 won't hurt and it sure doesn't. While I'm on a slow pace playing this one due to it not being my priority, I do take my steps to getting where I was when I first played this on ps2. There is a bonus version to this that I am going to try and play as well: FFX-2 Last Mission. I wonder if Tara Strong reprises her role as Rikku for that segment? Anyways, I am getting reacquainted with Rikku's famous Dresspheres(and I have a purpose for some of them too!).

FFXV
While my gaming with FFX-2 is sparse, FFXV's existence in my gaming time is maybe once a month, but I am still in it for the sake of just getting some more missions I didn't get before. I do know that the other 3 are getting their own episodes; I'm going to wait to get those DLCs when they are on a bundle for cheaper. Still hoping that Iris will get to be a playable character!

Nights of Azure
This is a hack and slash adventure/JRPG. To the fullest. If there was ever a time that I needed a JRPG break, this would be it. While it has a repetitive gameplay and a very JRPG theme(not a bad thing, just not my usual dosage these days), it's a fun and entertaining; and it ALSO has a few tweaks to it to set it apart from games like Samurai Warriors. It's aesthetic and downright cheesy, but in the increments I played it, I enjoyed it!


--------

Clearly as one can see I am a busy gamer in a life where there isn't much time to game. But I try to keep my mind sane by engaging myself in a world where I -for the most part- am in control of what is around me. Keep in mind the list will grow as the months roll by and there is a myriad of other games I want in my collection, but I am a very different breed of a gamer nowadays. I have to be conservative of what I buy because I won't have that luxury to play them as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment