Monday, August 1, 2016

Furyu: Rin Tohsaka Fate/Stay Night (Unlimited Blade Works)


As part of my July spoils, this Rin Tohsaka was anticipated for a while now. I have had my sight on this statue for a while. She came with a pretty affordable price tag so 'why not', right? Let's check her out then.


The box itself would not have been my favorite box, but it could have been decent if it wasn't for the way it was 'handled'. Maybe it was the last one on the shelf or what not, but it's just a mangled box.


It's a nicely colored box with the "Fate Stay/Night" logo, peppered with her magical jewels. Other than that, not much to really gawk here aside from the nice little folds and damages of the box.


So obviously Rin is a statue so she does not come with any kind of accessory. Her stand is pretty simple, but Rin herself is something to admire. 

It's obvious that I think Rin is a cutie. Her choice of outfit(mostly worn in the Fate Stay Night series) also adds to her ever so enticing vibe. To top it off, this statue also has a posture that has Rin's essence pouring out of it and at the same time, elaborating at bit more on that sexuality that is hinted from her. Now I know she was in high school in the series for the most part, but ... come on. 


The sculpting on the figure itself is amazing but something to admire si the way her clothing articles are 'in sync' with her insinuated movement. The way Rin is 'waving' her long hair out of her face is also quite dynamic and so Rin in every way. The paint is of course something to admire as well; not great but not anywhere close to terrible. There are some shadowing affects here and there and for the most part, it is spot on to Rin's color scheme. That dark red really does go well with her black leggings, skirt, and mahogany shoes. The skin tone does well to capture her anime appearance.


The face isn't the highlight of the figure, but she is far from being one of the atrocious figures from the dark ages of Marvel Legends female interpretations. The bright blue eyes do stick out like they should, then we have the calm and somewhat seductive look on Rin's face is a great addition. 


Details. One must love details. The command seal on her right hand is there and I'm glad they didn't leave that out. That is after all a part of her character. Panties? Where


As a comparison, here's the Rin statue next to her Figma counterparts: Rin 2.0 and Original Rin. One can definitely see the height difference! Still wish 2.0 was more in line with her red outfit. 


With the statues lined up and the ones that came in this year, I don't think Rin will be winning any 'statue of the year' but that is not me saying that I do not like this figure. I didn't expect much from it with the price point BUT I am impressed with what I got with that price tag. For any Rin fans, this is a must! I do love the fact that she's in my collection and perhaps she will get a shout out at the end of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment