Monday, June 27, 2016

Rage: Start Again



I messed up tonight.
I lost another Fight.
I still mess up.
I'll just start again.

A world where there is no conflict. A day where I don't have to fight. A minute where I don't have to warm up. A second when I don't have to dodge.  

When is it really over? When do I just try and pick up what is left and we all just set aside our pride, our differences, our disdains, worries, strife and hate. When do we face our reflection and see what is missing and what is foretold? When do we realize that we all have our mistakes and we all have fallen so far from grace? 

When do we stop fighting? 

When do we live again? 

Life is far too short, far too volatile, and so full of things to enjoy to just wallow in defeat, in rage, and to not have ownership, loyalty, or any kind of honorable meaning. 

The fight has perpetuated for far too long and we have lost what was and what is. It's on all of us, not just one, it's in all. 

I am not articulated with these words. I am a creation of doubt and despair. I was created to fly so high that we leave the world below....

But now I am as I am. Lacking victory... seeing only the destruction that this war has created. 

When do we give in? When do we admit? When do we get up and decide that we won't fight anymore?

When do we start again? 

No comments:

Post a Comment