Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Masterless and Rage: In The Wake Of


Sentiments. Salutations. All are met with silence. I was always told that acknowledgement on the most grand of day must always have a reply of some sort of gratitude. Something so small is the most common courtesy shared by all men, virtuous or not. 

I agree. But perhaps your Civil War has destroyed a lot more than what was willing to be endured. Perhaps at the end, the battle was not worth it.

It wasn't "MY" Civil War you know. I didn't attack. I defended. I was defending to keep the integrity of one of my last pillars up. 

It was a battle you already knew you won, you know. It was something that you didn't need to defend because you knew what was and what wasn't. 

Perhaps. Perhaps not. But at the end of the day I proved my point. 

Yes you did.... but that ultimatum came with a price. I'm surprised you didn't give in to it. 

Because your definition shows change. Your definition showed her hands, her faults,  and constantly tries to be better even if bad habits are still about her... like they are with us. At the end, I saw no reason to agree. 

We have some reasons to let her go too, you know.

Are you insinuating that we should? 

Isn't that what you wanted? For you and your other to cut ties to the empire and finally just be you and her? She gave you that option, that road. It was there for the taking, and yet you did not do it.

In the wake of all the debacles, I came to realize that you are a pivotal part of the lifestream. You are a reason as much as you are a definition now. Besides, it was another point to show that she and I are similar in so MANY abysmal ways. Something that no pride, no cape, no cowl, no plots, not a hero or a villain can take away from us. 

So what now? In the wake of all this fighting, this is what we have. 

You get silence from that side. Perhaps it's time for you to really stop worrying and count your losses. 

Or perhaps it's time that is needed to heal.

Don't be naive. Pride does not allow one to walk on two legs when one has breathed the clean air. You're not that kind of amazing person, so don't fool yourself.

....... perhaps. Perhaps not. What about you? What will you do now? Will you finally fix your side while you leave me to my own? Will you finally be at peace with what you have gained here? Are the shattered pieces enough to sate your hunger? 

Don't be a fool. This was not what I wanted.

It's what you perpetuated. 

I was not the only one. But regardless. I will fix my side and continue to see where my road takes me. I will leave you be and perhaps this might be one of the last of our conversations for a while. 

That's good, you know.

I agree. When we meet... it usually means that there is turmoil. Rest easy, then. 

You as well. 

Oh and if you find a way, or discover it's just 'time'... or when you get the true answer of finality, expect a 'I told you so'. 

With you, I already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment