Monday, July 13, 2015

Suicide and Justice


Suicide Squad: DC is doing something that Marvel has yet to do and that is making a movie that is based on a group of bad guys forced to do something good. Some of these characters are unknown to me because of the fact that it's only "recently" that I started getting into DC, but everyone knows who Harley Quinn is and she is in the movie. Heck, she's the highlight of the movie. Some might abhor this adaptation of Harley, but I say it's rather cute. It's not the 'canon' looking Harley but come on, I think there is something to be said about change. But I suppose it's all about how the movie pulls her off, huh? And I'm not going to gripe on Joker since .... well, I'm not the biggest fan of the last Joker we saw in the big screen. Suffice to say, I'm excited for this movie. 



Dawn of Justice: This is DC's supposed big introduction to Justice League; DC's answer to Marvel's Avengers. Between this and Suicide Squad, I'm more excited for Suicide Squad. I wasn't the biggest fan of Man of Steel; though I think it was decent, it didn't really feel like it was going to lift DC into the momentum that they needed to be. The new Batman seems fitting. Wonder Woman (in the few seconds we saw her) seems adequate enough. But we'll see.

Keep them rolling DC. We need some DC competition in the big screen to keep Marvel on their toes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment