Thursday, July 24, 2014

Figma: Mikasa Ackerman


Well, well, it's been a while since I have had a Figma figure join the fray of my collection! And who better to join than Mikasa Ackerman from Attack on Titan?! Yes sir! Finally I just gained another Mikasa in my ranks and she's no chibi this time around and let me tell you, this is probably one of the finest work that Figma has ever dished out! That's a bold statement but I believe I can prove as to why!


From my experience with Figma, they seem to change their box every so often. Whether 'every so often' depends on the character/s and the series, or whether it is time, I am not sure. I do know that this Figma is very different from the ones I previously gotten; and I like it.


Now just like a lot of imports, they like to show case what the figure can do with their articulation so that's what the back is for. I won't lie, I used the back for a couple of references in my 'picture' spree just to make sure I did the figure justice! And the amazing thing is with imports, it's hard to even get every single idea of a 'photo shoot' with so much to do! And of course we have the side panel enlarged picture of some of the references. Now to talk about the figure:


Figma has a flare that makes their figures almost 100% accurate to the anime character they are trying to 'replicate'. From its older figures like Yukiko to its newer ones like Mari(naming ones that I own), they've enamor me thus why I kept buying more. When I heard Mikasa was Figma, I had to get her. Well here she is in my grasp and let me just say with that she is a mirror image of her anime version. Figma didn't miss a detail with this one with everything that makes Mikasa recognizable! From the uniform and all its little intricate details, the scarf, the wings of freedom symbol, and then the recognizable face of Mikasa(hair, eyes, and all!). Speaking of recognizable face:


Figma also has its signature alternate faces still intact and I don't think they will ever get rid of it! Here's the three options that we are given for Mikasa: Smiling/calm, concerned/angry, and CRAZY/BERSERK. If I remember correctly, I saw all these faces in the name and it's awesome that they replicated them for the Figma figure(notice how these shots have Mikasa without her scarf? Yes that's also the fine detail put into this figure! Though honestly, I ONLY used the collar option for the face shots). Though three may be on the low end of what Figma offers in terms of facial expression, I still think I got what's worth in this figure with just having three to work with!


Just to talk about her accessories, for a Figma figure, this is already a lot! Now Mikasa being a one of the soldiers that slay/deter Titans HAS to have this much accessories because it wouldn't be a great figure of her if she didn't have the 3D gear and everything else that goes along with it! Of course it's a Figma figure so she comes with the standard Figma bag, the alternate hands holder, some dynamic firing affects for the 3D gear, her blades, 3D gear grapplers, alternate faces, the Wings of Freedom cloak, and some extras for pegs and strings just in case you break parts. And of course the one thing that Figma always provides with their figure is the stand:


For a stand that seems really flimsy and fragile, it sure does its job. Sure had no problems holding Mikasa for some of her Titan slaying pose!


Speaking of 'Titan Slaying', I wanted to take some shots of Mikasa's 3D gear and compliment on the details Figma spent on this piece. While Mikasa alone is a magnificent piece, the love that her gear is given is absolutely amazing. It stays relatively connected to her so it's not that much of a hassle and it has its own articulation! Despite how it looks, it does not hinder Mikasa in any way shape or form!


Here's another shot of her 3D gear. The wirings as well adds no hinderance for the most part and it actually contributes to some of the action scenes!


The 'wires and the hooks' look pretty convincing! There are 'special affects' that can be plugged in where the said wires come from to give a certain look that Mikasa is firing off to swing to the net building and cut a Titan's neck!


It's not easily seen through these pics, but they are visible enough. One thing I did want are for the wires to have different length since they seem too symmetrical, though having the 'thread' version of the projected wires does help as this shot shows off:


At the end of the thread is a transparent hook so if one really wants to be exuberant about Mikasa's 'web slinging' endeavor, one can do so!


The other accessory really worth talking about is her 'smoke launch' affect that can be plugged in her 3D gear to give it a really authentic look! Then the said smoke can be attached to the stand itself! Truly a remarkable idea since it really looks like she is dashing to a certain location for better grounds OR:


Berserk attack mode Mikasa! Between her and Levi, Titans don't stand a damn chance.... okay so they are a bit over powered....


Talking about Mikasa's articulation is pretty simple enough. It's a Figma figure! It does what it expects too and it still has its 'discreet' joints that make this figure look 'human'-ish. Hides the joints well enough and still gives her plenty of articulation. The jacket and the scarf and just about anything that might get in the way are pliable material so it's really easy to get around it. The one thing I thought is missing from this, and maybe this is part of the 'alternate/accessories' department is the fact that Mikasa did a lot of twisting, turning, and upside down movements during the anime. While her face would've been adequate, her hair lacking the 'distortion by wind' form makes those upside down pose seem rather bland and unconvincing. Still, managed enough shots of her to make me more than happy with her articulation! I expected nothing less from Figma!


Speaking of Figma, these are the gals that are in my possession: Mari, Asuka, Yukiko, and Rin. They were a pain to repose since they are so .... 'demanding' in time(that I don't have).


Overall an amazing figure! I love everything about this Figma! That minor call out about the hair, but again, didn't do anything to truly dampen this as a bad figure. If this is the only Figma related figure I would end up having this year I won't be disappointed at all! So with that said....

Let's see what the next few months will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment