Monday, September 9, 2013

...Last Night...


I watched as you took a step closer. And closer. Closer to the point where there the chasm between us could only allowed our breathing to pass. Your eyes locked into mine. In those few moments I was ambivalent... amongst other things... more things from this distance are feelings I wouldn't like to feel.

Your hand grazing my own as our eyes continue to be bound in their fragile forms; I feel you peel the said dagger from my hand gingerly... for a few moments... as you stood there with the sharp object I mused at the possible pain I might feel again. But the expected... You casted it off to the side. To the distance where either you or I can take hold of it.

A weight alleviated itself from not only my hand but from my being. As if I am exonerated from some cold and malice prison. In your eyes is definition that needs no word and I give you the same gesture.

It's time to heal. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment