Thursday, July 11, 2013

Marvel Legends BAF: Iron Monger

Iron Monger Series: Iron Patriot(IM3), MK 42, Iron Man Classic, Ultron, Iron Patriot(Dark), Iron Man(Heroic Age)
Oh Yes, Iron Monger! It took me a long time to assemble this nefarious baddie of Tony Stark because of THIS GUY:


For some reason, me least favorite on in the set is the one that gave me the most evasive maneuvers! He was also the head of Iron Monger so with that said, it was almost as if he was indeed smarter! But having this figure, he isn't HALF bad. Let's check out some more pictures of him:

Series 2: IM3 armors

Series 1: Comic Armors
Okay, so enough of that. Time to touch base on the figured built from the coming of the Age of Ultron(I heard that was a terrible comic event)! So this figure is BLUE(da ba dee da ba da). In contrast to his movie adaptation, Iron Monger is blue, and a beautifully painted blue might I add. The only other tint to him is the red in his eyes, his chest, and the black on his 'wirings'. For the most part though you only get his shiny metal blue which again for the shade of the sad color, it's pretty damn cool.


Where he lacks in color assortment though, Obadiah makes up for terms of details within his armor. His sculpting is filled with ridges making his mechanic frame far from mundane. Nothing about this mold steers away from the notion that this 'metal man' is in armor! My favorite parts of this sculpting are the details on his back, the gauntlets, and the 'boots'. Damn great job on this toy for sure!

BAF: Rulk
Height comparison, he is a bit taller than your average 6 inch Marvel Legends. He is almost toe to toe with Red Hulk and obviously nothing as big as the old Toybiz BAFs like Onlsaught or Apocalypse. Hearing from one of the popular toy collectors Shartimus Prime, there was a controversy with Iron Monger's size because of a certain picture(on which I won't really bother on looking for and posting), but honestly as Shartimus Prime absolved, perhaps it was mostly on the Iron Man's posture and not so much deception of Hasbro. More or less it was a misleading picture. Alright moving on!


Much like Onslaught, he is all about the details and not the stature. Again, to be redundant, I am highly in love with the way he is detailed out! But just like everything else, there is going to be the down side of things. Akin to Rulk, he lacks the articulation for better postures. In fact, I found him less articulated to certain action scenes which is a bummer. The only thing I really get form this guy is a lot of "I am strong" kind of deal. I'm sure if I put him with another figure(fighting) he could come up with one or two, but I didn't completely bother with that. One thing I really miss form Toybiz are the articulated fingers! Just those alone will add a myriad of possible sets that can be done with their BAFs. Shame, though I am more than happy that they returned the Marvel Legends(speaking of which, I need to complete Terrax).

We are War Mongers.
So at any rate, I have a lot of love for this figure despite the downside of articulation. It's a good addition to my Iron Men collection as well as my growing rogue of villains. With that said ...


He will be in the Onslaught shelf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment