Monday, February 18, 2013

Marvel Legends: Iron Man 3



Remember this: Marvel Legends Wish

Well not everything came true as of yet but one DID. Which brings me to this point of my blog! The Marvel Legends line up in dedication to the Iron Avenger himself! This is of course paying homage to the Iron Man 3 movie coming up REAL SOON! But, to touch base on what wish did become a tangible part of my collection:


The Heroic Age Iron Man as it had been graciously dubbed is also known as Extremis 2.0. This Lovely, sleek, and very flash Armor is in fact an upgrade of his former Armor before Secret Invasion called Extremis. Personally, I still think Extremis 1.0 was still better looking, but we all know which one becomes MORE adhering to the notion of 'Invincible'. Now don't get me wrong! I love this armor! It is for sure convenient, the tech is out of this world, and not to mention it still adheres with this classic color unlike his newer armors. However it doesn't change the fact that his previous Extremis still had a bit more enamoring features with it. But I won't complain that I have this one in my collection!



Next on the list will be another popular armor that will completely shrug off the comic story line of the 'Iron Patriot'.


Norman Osborn stepped up the plate to become the next director of the 'New' SHIELD (or HAMMER) after the events of Secret Invasion. With the whole debacle of the Skrull invasion and the clandestine operations of the empire, suffice to say, with how they worked ONLY put a stain on Tony Stark's reputation which of course gave Osborne the chance to be embellished when he was the one who took the final shot at Veranke, the Queen of the Skrull posing as Spider-Woman. I don't know why but the people of the Marvel Universe, at least the normal folks were asinine in more ways than one. But I suppose when the world is falling apart everywhere, society needs a scapegoat and a hero.


Next on the list is an armor that Tony Stark has worn for decades. He constantly came back to this armor many a times for a myriad of reasons.


I don't know much about this armor, really. All I know is that he used to put it in a brief case, he had two alternate helmets(which the figure dubiously made sure it existed in this realm), and I believe somewhere along the lines it is also where his repulsor rays came into play. Again I could be wrong in that fact. Regardless, this figure is indeed enamoring. I don't think this mold has been used before unlike Iron Patriot being just a repaint of Extremis 1.0. The vibrant red and gold reminds me of the neo classic armor that I have. That and the alternate helmet, rather awesome.

Pointy Helmet version!

Non pointy helmet version.
These figures all form Iron Monger (classic); the other three won't be released for a bit, though I am pretty sure that the next three figures are confirmed despite the box having the need to be discreet. I won't show a picture of the said monger until I have the arms and the head. Right now he is a bit ... incomplete.

No comments:

Post a Comment