Friday, February 22, 2013

Revoltech: Asuka Shikinami Langley


Ah yes, another Revoltech has joined the ranks of my new game room. Truth to be told, I have had this piece for a quite some time now. Actually, if one looks hard enough in my old pictures in my last game room, one can spot the new version of Asuka from her 'You Can(not) Advance' test plugsuit! I have never opened her completely and truth to be told, never thought I would or at least I did not give it much thought until I went overzealously(though well worth it) started opening a lot of my collection for the sake of display. Though as I have learned through the Revoltech Iron Mans, keeping this figures confined is a rather asinine thought since appreciating them is MUCH harder when they are inside the box.


Right off the get go, one of the things that makes this figure so great is the fact that it keeps firm with the whole trademark of Revoltechs and that is their exuberance in articulation. Posing figures is far more enamoring than a lot of figures out there! And while she comes with your usual elbows, knees, head, torso, so forth articulation, the one thing added as I have seen that makes her even more versatile is that her hair has movement as well! It makes scenes a bit more 'realistic' (if I may) for some very dramatic purposes. This is the first time I have seen this (and maybe not the last) and honestly it is a great feature that should be added in to EVERY female Revoltech they dish out in the future! There are a plethora of female anime(or not) that has exuberance in their hair that needs some showcasing and can ONLY be done right when there are articulation in their said hair.


There is another thing about this revoltech which I am surmise will be common like the hair articulation will be the alternate face options! Look at the pictures above and the ones before; three optional faces: Happy, Scared/sad, and Angry. Three options along with all the alternate hands and the hair articulation could equate to a plethora of things that can be done in regards to 'capturing' emotions and scenes. I didn't spend too much time on her, but I just gave some good outline on what can be done!

Yes, I wasn't one to organize them to make it look presentable. Though it's enough to draw the picture I think!


Oh I forgot to mention, she has a phone too! and a bluetooth with it which seems more than elated to have! It concurs with a particular scene in Evangelion: "You Can(not) Advance". 


And the scene above is also a bit 'nostalgic' if I may, to those who have seen the reboot of one of the greatest, richest, vehement, and disturbed anime of all time! 


Though I do have one qualms with these kinds of Revoltech. Unfortunately, this Asuka didn't exactly get an enamoring stand like her Eva. It's actually awkward to be honest. Though it does have a good and professional print, suffice to say, it inhibits better posing and stability for other posture doesn't concur with this stand. Wish they would upgrade the stands since it has been the same type since the older revoltechs. And not that I'm complaining THAT much, the articulation isn't as spectacular as I thought it would be. It doesn't advance TOO Much in terms of joint movements when comparing to the older version. Though again, not that big since they did add the hair, faces, more choices of hands, etc. Speaking of older ones...


The new and the old! Though both still elating, one can tell that the Asuka 2.0 version does more justice. But I had no qualms at owning two of the older versions at one time. Anyways, I don't think I have much more to say about this particular figure. 


Oh, and there was that 'doll' that was prominently more disturbing in the older version of this anime. For some reason(so far) it's been a bit sparse in regards to the meaning of it. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment