Saturday, January 12, 2013

Dark Souls


I really need to buckle down one day and get back into this game. This is probably one of, if not THE HARDEST game of the decade in terms of the new generation. It is strenuous, thought provoking, damn near VERY visceral... and sometimes you wonder if it's just difficult JUST to plain piss someone off. The many hours of aggravation in this game however doesn't reciprocate the time I spent in its spiritual father... Demon's Souls. Honestly, what Dark Souls lacked for me...

Kabotan is the artist in this one. Not know him/her, but the art is rather enticing.

"Soul of the mind, Key to life's Ether,
Soul of the Lost withdrawn from its Vessel,
Let strength be grant so the world might be Mended,
So the world will be Mended."

The Maiden In Black... though her story and character progression is sparse to say the least... there was something about her that made me want to play JUST to have her task come to an end. I almost etched a story in the back of my mind as I played the game that there was some sort of 'intimacy' between my character and hers... she was sort of like the convoluted key to me becoming the 'one' to FIGHT against the myriad of demons ruling the land. She was my 'guiding light'. 

If anything else... I'd like to touch the demon in her. 

Anyways... a character like her was the chasm that was HUGE for me in Dark Souls. So suffice to say, that and the rather grueling difficulty of Dark Souls... well... again. I'll try and play it again! Sometime later... The first thing I'll do when I play that game: DIE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment