Sunday, February 24, 2013

Revoltech: Iron Man Mark V


"Someone Was Nice This Year"

The Mark V. The 'Silver Centurion' of the movieverse of Marvel. Tony Stark's briefcase armor. I've had this bad boy since Christmas and it was one that made it into my greedy hands after listing him off in my Holiday bonanza. Right off the bat, the distinction in his box was prominent because he was missing the 'cover' of the previous Marks have. Suffice to say, he still looked rather aesthetic in his box, but as always, a figure with this much articulation and potential for action scenes is of course deserving owning a 'life' outside the confines of his default box. I had a plethora of plans to how this said Revoltech will be coming around in regards to posing and such. I was rather elated to get him out (for the LONGEST time) and do away with what collectors like me would do with something as malleable as these brand of toys.

Again, the box itself shows off some of the great scenes it can capture!



And of course the paraphernalia that comes with revoltechs are also unique to the said model. For example, this one has the trademark 'briefcase' that the armor derives from in the movie. A couple of spare hands and a stand (one that I did not put in the picture; hey I'm still getting the groove of putting these alternative items in the picture okay!) Despite it not being in abundance in alternates as my previous Revoltech review, one can still gain quite a few action scenes just with these, right? I mean, articulation in play, a few mix and match deals with the hands, a stand that will make standing up easier... this thing is bound for great aesthetics, entertainment in posing, and so forth. Sadly, I was mistaken. And for the first time I might actually have more disdain for a toy than an actually show of enthusiasm.


How is that so, one might inquire? Well, truth to be told, while it does offer a whole hell of a lot of options to make it look action ready or what not, Mark V isn't compliant in regards to staying in that said posture. There were so many opportunities for some really astounding and rather 'familiar' postures if only he would stand on his own accord ALL the time. Just acquiring that posture on the right caused a lot of mercurial things within me since it elated me to have finally get him out of his box, but then all of a sudden he would collapse so easily! As if he wasn't meant to stand or comply with my ideas or what not. Now I know what you are thinking, the stand, right? There is that transparent stand that can make things a whole hell of a lot easier, right? Well that is hilariously not the case since it's nothing but an abysmally defected piece of plastic. Perhaps I got a distorted one that doesn't want to comply with Mark V's supposed holes for the damn stand since it would never stay on as intended to be!


Believe me just getting that posture on the picture above was strenuous and a fight that I lost more than once. And to think, it was suppose to be damn helpful! Instead the damn stand was just a joke! I have tried countless of times to get him to comply with very little pictures to show for it, however the times I CAN get a decent pose is when this kind of gesture is applied:

On his knees brings stability it would seem.


I'm not going to deny the fact that these pictures are rather cool and it can capture quite a few action/emotion. But it can only do so much. The ideas are finite and it can't elicit a far more awe inspiring pictures when I am limited to Tony Stark on his 'brief case/Silver Centurion' Armor being on his knees and/or crouching down. The most appalling thing too is that having him just stand in a monotone posture is even a task! I tried, trust me, but it ends up a failure.

Wow the stand worked!
That never gets old though. A stark posing.
Again, having this one part of my collection isn't something to FULLY disdain. I am scrutinizing it to the tee perhaps since I do collect fervently. I'm glad to have him join ranks since I am rather enamored by this armor; just my first revoltech that has some mediocre result for something I have been craving to open for some time.



So Revoltech Mark III(Iron Man Mark III) and Mark V turns out to be the disappointment. Though I will say that Mark III's disappointment does not compare to Mark V. Iron Man's trademark armor in Iron Man 2(Iron Man Mark VI) is still the best Iron Man revoltech I own. Still, consider me blessed to even have these said toys in my collection since, well, not a lot can say that they have an exuberant game room like I! Well, Mark VIII or Not? Hm....

No comments:

Post a Comment