Thursday, July 19, 2012

Iron Man: Revoltech MK III



Since purchasing the Iron Man II revoltech toy based on Tony Stark's MK VI (Revoltech: Mark VI), I had gained a great interest in the other Iron Man toys created by Revoltech. Namely speaking, the MK III from the first Iron Man was in my sights, and well, just like a lot of things that are in my crosshair, I seem to get in a whim if I play my cards right. And did I mention that July was my good set of cards? Ahem... I digressed!

He didn't look very cool the way he was wrapped, sad to say.
Now to start on the negative note, having bought Mark VI first and seeing all the details in its ability to articulate movements and poses, I was a bit disappointed after I took Mark III out of the box. Seeing how it wasn't as 'awe' and 'inspiring' inside the box, taking it out was the more logical choice.

So this one lacks a real genuine ability to imitate some of the Iron Avenger's most intimidating or just spectacular poses. While the articulation on the legs feel a bit smoother and less of a force compared to MK VI, the way the head is related to the torso makes it a bit odd to actually perform a really convincing posture. Too upright forces him to look too much like a giraffe so that sheds away a few ideas in regards to how he would perform a few of the said notion. A lot of the things I did with MK VI just didn't bode well with this model, but a few certain ones did. Not too many, and frankly, I wasn't that enthused about trying that hard to find a very complimenting posture. As you can see for the next few pictures he is pretty much settled for one form of 'standing' posture. But one thing is probably really apparent about him; one little 'detail' that gives him an edge over MK VI; and yes, it's the light up Arc Ray in his chest that does the wonders. 


Now I am no stranger in regards to action figures having one kind of light up apparatus of some sort (hasbro toys as well as toy biz way back when had/have those features all the time), not at all. But for the most part, the lights we are given with Iron Man's hasbro adaptation are usually very weak and requires a little button somewhere. With this toy (while inevitably somewhat annoying) the switch is inside his chest, so one has to disconnect his torso from the rest of his lower body to turn it on. Now the reason why I am so enamored by the light is the fact that it is bright! If I had to guess it is LED, and it does magic in darkness! And the detail it adds to the figure is of course far exceeds any of the light up figures I have acquired from Hasbro or Toybiz. So needless to say, that feature adds a whole other level of accuracy when capturing the MK III.




Standing next to the MK VI, the MK III's stature is a bit more on the taller end, which again makes it a bit more of a downside since it doesn't make sense why it is in terms of comic book/movie sense. All of Tony's armor are or the most part (except for the more specialized armors, ex: Hulkbuster, Hydro Armor, etc etc.) especially when we are talking about these two armors. Thus the reason why I didn't bother putting a picture of the two right next to each other. But aside from that, the color of course is just as vibrant as the MK VI. Again, not to sound too overzealous on the Arc Ray light up feature, I do want to add that it does add a bit more jubilation when the light is on and reflecting with the rest of the armor. 




This pose is a testament of just how bright the Arc Ray is.
The MK III next to the other Iron Mans (top shelf)

It may sound like from the way I have talked about this figure is that I am not entirely happy with my purchase, but it is quite the opposite. It's easy to misconstrue that because of just how many 'faults' I have described with this toy; but the truth of the matter is I do love this. Probably the one thing that goes against it is that I bought MK VI first and that was a bit more improved in regards to his posture, head placement, intricacy, etc. etc. If I would've bought MK III first I probably would be enamored like I was with MK VI. So all in all, I was rather satisfied with my new addition. If I wasn't, I probably wouldn't have blogged about it.

LOL! Yes it came with a Mr. Downey Jr. Interchangeable head.

No comments:

Post a Comment