Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Iron man: Revoltech MK VI




A new Iron Man toy had just entered my Game Room recently to become part of my arsenal of decoration. Surprise, Surprise, I just bought another Tony Stark! This time around it's the Mark VI from the Iron Man 2 movie. While I do have a toy or two from the recent Iron Man movie, this particular one  derives from the Revoltech series (They made some of my female toys like Asuka The Game Room in my femme fatale shelf). Now I must say while the majority of the other toys I have of Iron Man doesn't exactly fall from impressive or intricacy in regards to detail or pose ability (relatively speaking, of course), this particular has a very impertinent way to show off that even the east can make a western fictional character a badass toy.

One of the things I want to point out is the fact that it's colors does more than enough magic to compliment the notion that it is Iron Man. As he stands with my other Iron Man galleries, he can blend it quite easily while at the same time he more than stands and defines himself as a very special version of the Iron Avenger in the form of a toy. It's as easy to distinct him from the rest of his other counterparts while at the same time he can be discreet and join the fray of red and gold parade. It is also very obvious to say which Iron Man armor he is as well and that is a very crucial fact for someone who collects the toy of an Avenger with more than a dozen alternate Armor that he had shown off over the decades in the comic book.



Now I don't exactly have a picture of him inside the box since I took him out before I am able to take a real decent picture of him still in case, however the box itself doesn't fall shy of interesting little perks that can pique one's interest from the get go. While I was quite adamant when I ordered him that I was going to take him out of the box, once I received him I had a bit more of an ambivalence because of the way one can still enjoy this toy's elegance while still inside (of course that is depending on what kind of a collector the person is). First of foremost thing, the images that are all over the box are more than adequate to display and add some flare to my shelf. Of course it's not about the pictures but the little door capability that once you open it, you can easily see Iron Man and all his paraphernalia. The way he is encased inside is firm and very apparent at all the things this toy can be, which added to the temptation to me pulling him out. Then again, him being inside the box does him no justice.

The Many things that one can do with this toy in regards to how he will stand, the action his hands are conveying, and so forth and so forth. Again, there is no justice to him being inside the box.


Of course the more prominent factor as to why I took him out is that I wanted to see him perform the action pose that Iron Man is constantly drawn in and even the ones that he was more than willing and confidently pull off in the movie. 

The Possibility is almost infinite.
This particular landing pose became so popular that he does it every time!

As with their other toys, Revoltech gives the owner many options with the various hands that can be fists, open palms (pre repulsor blast or what not), and the special affect hand that can either be used for his trademark signature repulsors or for his movie adaptation of flight stabilizer. Not only that but the articulation allows for far more versatility for movement and pose. The joints that revoltech adds on their toys makes them less awkward when they are bending and it's almost hidden behind all the details of the toy. It makes for more presentable and tantalizing feature since a lot of the Hasbros and Toybiz toys of Iron Man still has that one flaw in regards to aesthetics.

"Allocate all power to flight mode..."
Of course, the special effects on the feet makes it more convincing for flying.


Of course might I add that I have more than enough bearings to mention about the detail. Again, well painted, the intricate little nooks that comes with Iron Man are all pretty much presented, each particular hand is more than capable of expressing what the owner needs from the intended pose, and most of all, it's a very well worth the price that I paid for because of these positive things. Of course if there are any downfall to the toy it's the durability. I don't see it being able to withstand too many repetitions of shifting positions left and right. It's delicate compared to the Hasbros and the Toybiz. I handle it with far more extreme care than I do my other toys, but needless to say, I don't really toss my toys around like I used to when I was a kid. Then again, I don't exactly play with my toys, they merely act as a decor. So with that said, this toy serves its purpose just fine if one just intends to treat it as such.



KICK!

PUNCH!


Yes, That is a Spider-Hulk!

GAME OVER!!!!

Again I am very satisfied with the product and I can adhere to the idea that a collector like myself who loves Iron Man or just likes Marvel/comics PERIOD should think about adding this one to the collection. As a man who opens or leaves his toys in a box under discretion in the moment of having a toy in his hand, I will say that the only way to truly feel satisfied with this one is if it's out of the box. Yes the wear and tear will decrease the value, but I never did see myself selling any of my toys if I can help it. 

The Revoltech with the other Hasbro interpretation of Mark III and Extremis 1.0


No comments:

Post a Comment