Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Secret.


So what was the secret behind a great comic book movie? The character? The villains? The actors and actresses? The writer? The director? The action and the special affects? The advertising or just how attracting the cast are? Or is it the homage to the comic book community who has decades and decades of material to pull from, manipulate... to do right or stray in the God Awful path?

While those factors I have mentioned are obviously a very potent formula to make a good movie/comic book movie, but as a fan of the genre of Comic books (both Marvel and DC), to me it's always about the heart. It's about the humanity and the ability of the movie to compel the audience to feel how the character feels. I guess Spider-Man had always had that thing going for him despite him not necessarily one of the biggest hitters of Marvel (in regards to a power house; I mean to say is that he doesn't hit like Thor), but it's the fact that so many can relate to him because of his human dilemma.

Then again, Marvel always has that very prominent signature about them. Their alter egos always has the more dire problems (relatively speaking) in most pages. It's about their human drama that makes them tick or not and in this movie, Spider-Man doesn't fail to connect to me because his problem as Peter Parker is very close to reality and very easy to relate to.

It's safe to say now that this new Spider-Man reboot for sure surpasses the old one. For many reasons I am truly unable to list as of right now, but I can say that my rapport with Spidey may have been revived after a long long time of staying away because of 'One More Day'. So... I'll have to take one more trip to the theaters and watch it again... perhaps I can jot down the words a bit better next time around.

But to be terse about my opinion, That Was Amazing. Yeah I know, a cliche compliment! But regardless, it's the best suited word for the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment