Monday, September 24, 2012

"Super Friends"

One...
I have never been a big fan of Super Man as I have mentioned a lot of times before.... I have also somewhat elaborated, somewhat (JL: Superman and Wonder Woman kissing) on that notion. But if there is one thing that I can say that attracts me about the 'Man of Steel' is that slight spark between him and Wonder Woman. It had always been obscure, and the most I have seen it (and take into consideration that I have a small hand into DC history) is in Kingdom Come. But in the New 52, well, they have done a good job building that up as it would seem....

...Two...

I also like the fact that HOW they are building it up. A world where they are pariahs of the norm; a world where they have all this power... their world would only be convenient and adequate when they express their need to solace in each other's comfort...

AND BAM!!!! Super Speed!!!
I know it's cliche, but what makes it so whimsical and breath taking is Jim Lee's art! I mean, look at this final picture!!! That is sensual, romantic, and deserving of praise. Good Job, DC!

No comments:

Post a Comment