Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bandai Tamashii Stand (act 5)


It took a bit of time for me to give in into finally purchasing one of these. As a collector who is very fervent about displaying my collection, sometimes the dull 'standing' pose gets boring no MATTER how articulated the figures are so sometimes depending on stands is a given. So this is my VERY first purchase that is just a stand(pun) alone Display stands. From Bandai, this Tamashii display stand is more or less directed for imports. Suffice to say, there was a bit of a gambit when I decided to get it for the sake of my Marvel Legends. But that gamble paid off well enough and for the price, it comes with three so more or less the purchase is a success.


While there are a lot of characters in my collection that possess the ability to fly, certain ones can stay in the 'standing' pose because they are stable and articulated enough. For the 'flying' ones that just don't comply to the way I want them to or is just plain and ridiculous without flying(Wasp is one), then this stand came in handy! Sadly, it IS as transparent as it can get unless I have a dull white background. Suffice to say, it works well enough.


As I was saying earlier, it's more or less directed to imports so figures like Revoltech and such usually have a lighter frame to them. Luckily for the purpose I wanted it for, these stands came with two optional grip! That and their joints that are articulated are sturdy enough to hold the weight of the One I initially had in mind(Jean Grey). Wasp was also in mind to begin with but since I didn't really like the character or the toy THAT much I really contemplated whether or not she was going to get one of these stands... my decision came to the fact that Wasp has wings and well... she kind of needs to fly. I didn't bother trying them on a heavier ML like Iron Man or what not since I have this feeling it won't bode too well. Perhaps I should just to see though.


These are the stands that I have that help create the 'magic' in my game room. From left to right we have the Revoltech Eva Unit 2 stand, The Toybiz Stand(War Machine), the new stand, and of course the Square Enix playarts stand.

Eva unit 2,  War Machine, Spider-Woman, Mai Shiranui
While the first three stands are indeed made for flight and action, the playarts stands more or less are the best for neutral 'standing' stance and some limited flying pose; or jumping. Well, that's my comparison and my review. For my opinion, the stand does good and as long as I don't OVER use it, I believe it will hold its own. Might get more of these later; for three in a pack, NOT TOO bad. Amazon sells it for a decent price. I recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment