Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Marvel Legends BAF: M.O.D.O.K

Modok Series: Beta Ray Bill, Captain Marvel, Wasp, Spider-Woman, Thorbuster Iron Man, Moon Knight
So this particular character that Marvel has swings on just comical and somewhat nefarious looking in my point of view. He is a gigantic head with arms, legs, and a hover craft. I'm nowhere near joking in regards to this either because just from the picture on the right alone, it's pretty obvious that the 'profile' picture IS his whole upper torso! So with that said, out of all the BAFs I have finished this year, he is probably the MOST unique out of all of them. I mean, I'm not exactly exaggerating in the notion that HE IS just a big head with arms, legs, and a hover craft.


On face value(pun!) one can really say that Modok doesn't have a lot to offer in regards to articulation. Absolutely correct. His arms and legs have the basic bends and swivels, but still limited with the gigantic head. And the head itself has no articulation; would've been something if they gave expression capability, but not sure if that could've worked with details still intact.


Making him stand would be almost impossible so Toybiz was prudent by adding the 'jet fire' affect and allows him to stand like so. And again, it's all in the details, more or less.


I mean there is something aesthetically pleasing with his fire affect if just taken from the idea of design standpoint and nothing else. I mean as it goes with all these BAFs, taking them apart isn't entirely the best thing so once the fire affect is in, I would fathom it SHOULD stay in because wear and tear would be a factor to the toy's durability.


Stature wise, this guy stands up on his own within the range of 7 to 8 inches I say. Didn't do an accurate count but that is a more than astute assumption in regards to his height relative to Iron Monger over here. Honestly, he has some size to him; an average BAF of Hasbro these days I would say. Other than details, Modok doesn't have much to offer as I already pointed out with his posing capability. He is VERY limited in that aspect so don't expect a whole lot of posing from it default wise. Aside from the intricacy of his details, the series does come with some pretty good characters and noteworthy variants so he is worth the chase(Iron Man's variant is Destroyer; whom might I add is hell of a lot more expensive now since his appearance in Thor). If you are looking for an oddball character in the set, he is for sure a must that and if you are anything like me, the characters that came with him are appealing to REALLY build him.


And the new BAF pitches in to fill up my 'new shelf' that used to be Bishoujo owned. But there were and some more changes coming to my game room so... yeah. Until next time!


A given favorite that came with Modok. While the Thorbuster isn't my favorite armor that Stark donned, it still Iron Man and of course the lovely Spider-Woman(who was Veranke the queen of Skrulls at the time this action figure came out).

No comments:

Post a Comment