Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Revoltech: Eva Unit 2.0 You Can(NOT) Advance Version


"Someone Was Nice This Year"

Evangelion has been remade and booted up to the more recent flow of time. Gone are the payphones, more elaboration as to why Shinji still has a cassette player, and now things are introduced in terms of blue tooth, cell phone, texting, etc, etc. etc. With those upgrades comes new and evolved toys and of course since Revoltech has been one of Evangelion's more prominent makers (in my radar anyways) of Evangelion toys, it's only natural that they would redo the famous Eva unit 2.0 which Asuka Shinigami(formerly known as Asuka Soryu) pilots.


I will not lie, out of all the Revoltechs I have laid my hands on, this one takes the cake in regards to intimidation factor. Now I know that sounds rather asinine, right? How can a toy with a myriad of articulation intimidate a toy collector as myself? Well let me be plain and simple, Revoltechs aren't for the feint of heart in regards to posing, moving, and imaginations. Revoltechs USUALLY requires some TLC every once in a while. Unlike MOST toys out there, this one will have to be reposed ONCE in a while just so one can get their full bucks on this said toy(she is rather pricey). So given that perspective, let's take this Eva and give her the same, if not MORE articulation options, and then add an interactive background with its own articulation features. Needless to say, I didn't even put that background on this blog because.


And trust me, I mean no jest when I say 'articulation'. This said toy is zealous when having that. It is endowed with such grand articulation that posing is almost infinite! The joints do hold the revoltech trademark so the bend-ability barely has qualms in complying withe the owner's needs and wants in regards to posing.

The Fly Kick cover pose. Had to replicate of course!
Now we want to talk about articulation, the hands options are also in abundance! I would say there is AT LEAST ten pairs of hands that of course would vary to open, close, fingers together, and also giving the options to hold the two distinct weapons that Eva Unit 2 comes with(I should take pictures of the set of hands. Maybe for the next Revoltech review, huh?). Speaking of weapons...

Gun. Not sure what to call this certain assault rifle. The aspersions it could inflict though.

Two Daggers. Melee. 
The combination that one can have in regards to this and the many different action scenes that can be captured are a plethora! In my three days of posing this badass Evangelion, I don't think I came close to half. And my imagination is rather exuberant to say the least!


Now, I'm sure one has notice something else with this said Reolvtech. I mentioned the rather more than flashy stand in which I excluded, but there is that particular sort of transparent stand that I have used a whole hell of a lot in a lot of these pictures. Basically, this one ALSO has an extensive articulation options that could make one's action scene far more vibrant than mere standing about.

While This....
...This...
...Or this is hardly insipid...
This 'jumping' action posture is possible because of the means of her stand.


This stand has made it possible for many posing that the mind can come up with. Basically it's allows for basic standing action posing, or mid-air scenes that are of course part of what makes action so grand when something like 'jumping down' or 'jumping up to shoot' is made possible and capture in lens so immaculately.  


Basically I can go on and on rather redundantly about this... but truthfully I think the words I have said are enough to capsulize the capability of this said toy. Not to mention, the pictures are worth enough. This is a great addition for many reasons, that and I am highly enamored by the Eva series and this(and the lovely pilot) are my favorite part of the series. So... without further adieu...

A Stark Pose.

Asuka. HOTT. 

And this is my past Kaiyodo(involved with the Revoltech series as well) toy of the Eva Unit 2 from the original anime series.


No comments:

Post a Comment