Monday, April 8, 2013

"Akuma"


Well, it's about time I add in a "new" addition to my Street Fighter shelf. Alright, the bad boy behind of Ryu isn't new in regards to 'when' I bought him, but he hasn't been with me for the past 5 years. A good friend of mine 'held' him for a bit and since he has no real room to display him, figure it would be on my safe hands at the given moment. So this is another part of my random toys on my collection.

So the Ryu and the Akuma are indeed made from the same company(Ryu). The box has the same 'preview' or as Square Enix coined it the 'window box'. It gives the collector the option to keep these figures in their container for safe keeping, however there are a plethora of collectors who aren't like that, and truthfully, now I completely concur. There is more to appreciate once they are out of their box and able to be grasped and the full elation of what they can and cannot do can really be comprehended! Though it doesn't hurt at all to have a pretty aesthetic box since for the longest while I was on the other side of the collecting spectrum. Especially when the said box plays a bit more in homage to everything that makes the particular genre fan service. The not so insipid posture of Akuma, and whom may I add is in his trademark "down plus medium kick" move is also quite catchy.


This is also somewhat exclusive to this particular toy line that I have seen in regards to the box which is the window view from the back. Again, not exactly an equal incentive as being able to see what posing one can concoct when he is out of the box, but again, somewhat of a nice perk for those who are the 'he will be worth money kept in the box' innuendo.


Next on the list are his articulation and his interchangeable hands. I've seen better when compared to Akuma and Ryu, but one must fathom that these are much older toy lines. They do a fine job in captivating the visage and the intimidation factor of these said fighters. There are the playarts of course, but I am not too keen in paying for them just yet. Perhaps this July?


And of course Akuma's signature 'demon sign' or 'heaven sign' on his back that is imbued in his back whenever he wins or performs the ever so dramatic 'Hell Murder' or 'Raging Demon'. There is a japanese term for it which I will not bother for now. Still, this is a major perk and it does do justice to Akuma's nature. Though the symbol can also accentuate his demonic self because it EVEN bleeds through his gi. Anyways.

"The Game Room"
My friend also gave me the 'M.Bison/Vega(in Japan)' figure behind Mai. Just these two figures gives this shelf a bit more vibrancy! Well, that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment