Friday, June 29, 2012

Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut


It is a known fact that one of Mass Effect's most critiqued and infamous part was the ending. While the game and the series as a whole had been successful in more ways than one, the decision to end the series the way it did was indeed less than satisfactory. To me it  didn't quite capture the game's epic vibe. The end was abrupt and was very obscure when it came to giving details. While my review on Mass Effect 3 was indeed praising it for every bit of great game that it is (My Words on Mass Effect 3), I did mention the fact that its success was indeed shadowed by the ending.

Needless to say the Mass Effect community was in an uproar and there was a huge backlash. The reception was negative and the voice of many couldn't be helped but heard. After some apologies and some odd three months later, Bioware came up with the extended cut which was free and it addressed all of the gamers' complaints (to me they were all pretty valid). What this DLC did was indeed put solace in everything I thought was wrong with the way the ending was executed. I won't go into details because I have yet to really finish all three, but the ending I chose which was control for my Male Vanguard was rather comforting. It made me feel like the ending I chose was indeed a path I picked.

There were many scenes to involve some of the characters since that was one of my main inquiries was 'wtf' happened to everyone? There was also more dialogue in Shepard's point of view and it also gave more explanation to what happened to the rest of the galaxy after the mass relays were destroyed. All in all, the details and the description made it well worth it!

When I have seen all four endings (yes four), Perhaps I can give a better opinion on the overall product. But as of right now, I am quite pleased with what they did and the ending I chose. It brought tears to my eyes and a pervading feeling of accomplishment in regards to this epic game!

No comments:

Post a Comment