Monday, February 6, 2017

POP: New 52 Harley Quinn


As if I don't have enough Harley in my collection, right? Well, here's another Harley in the form of her New 52 self in a POP version. Let's go right into the details of this thing!



The line up doesn't attract me at all except for Supergirl, which I do have in my collection.  This girl is supposed to be a Hot Topic exclusive, but they put her in the back of the box. Well, she wasn't in the Supergirl box so, yeah.



I don't really have a major problem with Harley Quinn's costume; I don't think it's her best one, but it does have some themes I liked. And I like "sexy" and "revealing" outfits, but this one just doesn't do it. Funny, though, it has more "Harlequin" than her DCEU does.


Now here's what's interesting. As for her pose, she doesn't seem to be very "Harley" like. I don't think that pose fits her since it is a bit too... regal? Too calm. Harley is anything BUT calm. She's a freaking crazy stick of dynamite who bounces around ready to explode. OR she's a seductive jester ready to ride you like a camel while cutting your brains out in the process. My other statues fit her character mold than her new POP version.


Here she is next to her Bishoujo and her DC Collectibles version. While for the most part, these three retain some kind of consistency, there are some big enough differences to make me want to look at what she looked like in the first issue of the New 52 Suicide Squad comic book this costume came from. Both POP and DC C. have the eye paintings, Bishoujo does not. The shoes are all inconsistent. It's just funny in some way.


You spy where she's at?


So yeah, an okay addition, but an addition nonetheless. I like it and it definitely allows some growth in both my Harley Quinn shelf and my POP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment