Sunday, January 8, 2017

ML Venom Space Knight BAF: Spider-Man(Miles Morales)


Just to be clear, I bought this guy a couple of months ago but never got the chance to review him because work was so busy! But now I get the moments and I at least wanted to get him in because he is part of my 2016 Marvel Legends addition. So, let's check this out.



Now I believe this is the first figure I got from this BAF wave. Honestly, I'm not interested in finishing this set. I might want to get Silk and Spider-Bitch, but the other figures and the BAF itself are not anywhere near interesting. But Miles is definitely an interesting one.


I know a little bit about this character but I won't get heavily informative since the Ultimate Universe was something I did not really get into. Sure it's the base of the MU, but it didn't click with me. But Spider-Man Miles Morales definitely clung on to a lot of people and for me, it's his costume. Red and Black Spidey is always my favorite, thus why the Superior Spider-Man always clicked with me. While this guy has no details in paint, he is well done with the red decal and the white really sticks out. Looks awesome.


One of the things that really makes this figure stand out is the fact that he is a brand new mold and he is for the teenager character. Miles Morales is a new and younger Spider-Man who was once in the Ultimate Universe, but now he is with the rest the mainstream Marvel. It's a great mold, and definitely a great comparison with the 'older' Peter Parker.


Just to show it now, here's the comparison between Miles and Parker(Pizza Spidey). One can for sure see the difference and distinguish an older character and a younger one. It's a good contrast, and I'm glad Hasbro at least pays attention to this difference, adding to the variety of characters.


Miles comes with a decent amount of accessories. As all Spider-Men figures goes, they should have all these options for hands and since it's Miles Morales, he gets an alternate head along with the BAF peice of Venom Space Knight. I was somewhat excited for the maskless face, I wasn't planning on posing him with it on but you know, options are great. BUT...



A good variety is good. It shows that Hasbro pays attention to the character details. But care to point out what is wrong with this variant head. Can't? Well...


SURELY one can point out the QC in this one. Miles Morales is a young Spider-man; he could technically be called Spider-Boy, so with that said, why does he have receiving hairline? Did this Spider-Man had too much miles on him? PUN! He won't be doing any acrobatics for sure, least not in the same finesse as Miles would be. Should I call him Old-Boy Spidey? Or something? Honestly, I find this QC more hilarious and I can't be mad. After all, I won't be using this for display.


So anyways, as far as the figure and its articulation goes, for a new mold, it still goes hand in hand with your standard average sized Marvel Legends. That's generally a good thing, but it also inherits some of the standard articulation problems. I would wish to one day have a Spider-Man figure that can do the splits, can do some web slinging poses, and all that. I would like that on my Spider-Women based figures as well. Still, Miles performs rather well under the circumstances.


He definitely is a way better Ultimate Spider-Man figure than the old one I bought a LONG time ago.


Despite the QC issue of hte variant head, I think this is a pretty awesome figure. I like how Miles' Spider-Man outfit looks even if I am not that interested in the character. Marvel and DC has a thing for multiplying popular characters like Batman, Superman, Batgirls, Spider-Man, Deadpool, and now the Spider-Women are joining ranks. Heck, there are even four Wolverine based charaters running around. With all that said, it's good to have variety though, even if some characters are lackluster for me. Figure wise, he's a good addition to my Spiderverse shelf.


SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment