Tuesday, August 12, 2014

ML Jubilee BAF: Cyclops (Marvel NOW)


The next one in the line up of my X-Men Legends that I acquired recently! This one is Marvel Now's Cyclops with his new look. Post AvsX attire and for some reason he is all dark and dreary(well, after going psycho with your dead Ex-Wife's signature power and killing your father figure and mentor... yeah go psycho I will go), and there is something new with his powers that I am not aware of. Regardless, this new figure replicates that look and even the 'Racer X' head... yes. Racer X:


Okay so it's not an exact duplicate but it just reminded me of Race X the moment I saw it on figure form. Admittedly, it's been a LOOONNNGGGG time since I've seen an episode of Speed Racer. I digressed. Moving on!


Yes Hasbro box! So awesome and easy to break into and replace! Moving on!


So they took away the utility belt the moment the Jim Lee look was taken away but it came back with this new look. What does he carry there? Contact lenses? Eye drops? But as for the rest of the sculpt, I think it's the familiar mold we have seen with average sized Marvel males. Paint wise, it's not bad. It's just all black with a bit of red paint so not much we can truly scrutinize there. And he has a hole on the back for a certain shield bearing character! Moving on!


This is the accessory. Yes. This is the accessory. It's the BAF piece for Jubilee. I mean... no alternate hands(much needed)? No optic blast affect? No alternate head? Nothing? This is what is agitating about Hasbro.


His articulation is still pretty good considering that it is a good mold. Again it's the alternate hands is what kills me. I'm not sure if Scott still needs to do his famous 'press my visor button' thing, but just closed fists don't do it for me. In DIRE need of something with this guy to make it a bit more... 'wow'. That head really needs an optic blast affect of some sort! Seriously, I guess it's a difficult thing to do with such price they are demanding for these figures nowadays! Honestly, not much to say about this guy. Just know that he is a standard mold with modern articulation and the paint job is decent.


Red and Black vs Blue and White! All in all, this Cyclops is lack luster. Still a decent figure but it just doesn't catch my (EYE!) eyes as much as it should. I can forgive the older X-Factor Cyclops for lacking optic blast affect because it came with a bigger BAF piece and he has standard/famous Cyclops pose available. But this Cyclops is a must to build Jubilee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment