Sunday, July 21, 2013

Some SDCC 2013 News


The closest Comic-Con to me and I have yet to make it to one. Sad, I know. I should be revoked of my Avenger hero card. Regardless, I know one day I WILL attend Comic-Con. Just not this year for a myriad of reasons. But let's give some updates on certain things that caught my attention as I glanced at the news that are being distributed from the major geekness event.


Avengers 2: "Age of Ultron": The whole "Age of Ultron" title has a bit of a bad taste in a lot of Comic Book fans mouth. Rightfully so. While I didn't read the Comic Book Even "Age of Ultron", I did just read highlights and fan feed back and for the most part, it was a lot of negativity. I won't go in the details but it was a mess. But from the news I have recieved in regards to Avengers 2, it's going to be a different beast altogether. More or less, it's going to be the origins of Ultron. No Hank Pym though. Strange. I've been on the pendulum in regards to comic book movies as of late, but watching Man of Steel lately(Irony is Stark) revitalized my excitement. So if they start showing some previews for this and it looks promising, then I'll be even more excited. 


Guardians of the Galaxy: I was skeptic about this ever since they announced it. I'm not entirely enthused with the idea of an 'Avenger' from space; though the bold attempt in making a movie about a NOT so mainstream characters is something I can respect. That and Zoe Saldana playing as Gamora? And Rocket Raccoon on the big screen?! 


World's Finest: As I mentioned before that Man of Steel REALLY put a good hype into solo comic book movies for me. It had a great comic book feel to it, it had a lot of good action, and the rich background really touched every 'father's day' heart. With Batman and Superman being two prominent father figures of comic book heroes I think this movie has a HUGE potential. There are plenty of things to consider though like Villains? Side characters that are special to the two powerhouse? Will this lead to a JLA movie? Time will tell but I have confidence in this movie! Much more than for the X-Men's Days of the Future Past(cringing at that movie).



Lastly, MarvelousNews.com has been very kind with their updates that are all SDCC related. I've been paying attention to their updates constantly and of course to the line ups of Hasbro Legends and Universe. While controversy are popping up left and right with how things are going about, I still think that the line up of toys are allowing for a fresh and promising things. 

Well that's about it. Hopefully next year I'll ACTUALLY be in the spot updating through my own means and stuff. Til then, thank you for everyone who are keeping me updated and posting pictures and such and of course to the sites that are more than exuberant with the news about movies, toy lines, etc. Much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment