Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Not Forgotten, Not Tainted.


I remember those days when we first saw the trailer for the upcoming Final Fantasy. FFXIII we were so excited for, weren't we? There were the FFVII and FFIX lovers who were hating on it because everyone has an opinion on what is the best Final Fantasy... but we were all lovers of the genre. Some odd years later, FFXV is announced.

Before I jump into the present, I guess it's safe to say that I am remembering you right now because we came from a particular genre. We were all pulled in and we all fell in love with the community. We were all just avatars that became somewhat of a group of friends--some of us got closer. You, well you were part of the trio, more or less. You were one of us. While I don't agree with how you ended things, I understand now. It took me years to get it, but I do get it. I understand. You didn't hide out of cowardice. You didn't go out like a martyr. You simply .... just took care of your own and for that, I can't blame you.

So now what do we say to this new game, old friend? FFVIII lover you are and I am FFX all the way and despite our differences, we were always looking for the next game (except of course the games like FFXI that didn't count; I wonder if you disregard FFXIV like I do, as all true Final Fantasy fan should). We were always looking forward to the next world our Final Fantasy will take us.

That was some odd years ago, friend. And despite it, I still think about you. You, the true victorious vixen.

I miss you, old friend. The one who did it right. As you walk in the shoes of Noctis, as Locke watches you play the new generation, might I hope that part of you remembers those days.

=)

Always,

"Mr. G" 

No comments:

Post a Comment