Saturday, January 4, 2014

.:Masterless and Rage:.


"If it was just absence forever, we know how to deal with that."

"Yeah, we do."

"I wish it was just that."

"So you wish there as no act of attempted redemption?" Could never tell with her. Being cryptic is one of her best suits. Just had to clarify.

"This is redemption on the other side's part?"

"I don't really know what to call it. But I have to say that it's better than---"

"Nothing?" I pause for a moment; the tip of the bottle touching my lips as I found myself staring at her as her words became rather potent. "This is almost close to nothing."

"So what do you seek from this?"

"It's the 'new road', you know. I carried it here. And here we are with no sense of change."

"You flicker."

"And you are naive. Hopeful."

"Because I'm not going to give up. Maybe I'm obstinate like you."

"Or maybe you're just dumb LIKE me." Now that's a thought. I find myself unable to come up with words. Not words that could truly steer the conversation to my liking. "You could try and say the same things again you know."

"You'll forget about them in the next swing."

"Because I'm sitting here losing my religion. OR maybe, I already lost it."

No comments:

Post a Comment