Friday, May 3, 2013

A Stark Plummet ...


... To Someone Who Knows Too Much...

I'm not much to dish out spoilers but I have to say that there is a certain perpetual formula in trilogies that seems to end on a sour note.

Let me vent for a moment.

Spider-Man trilogy started mediocre, hit a pinnacle with the second installment, then crashed with the third one with the convoluted mess of Venom/Sandman/New Goblin/Black Spider-Man. I mean come on, really? It's easy to get Venom right. Would've been better if they just focused on Sandman and the Black Spider-Man conflict for the third and just made a fourth one. Perhaps it would have been prudent if Riami didn't listen to the fans for the third movie!

The Dark Knight trilogy was just a travesty from beginning to end. A boring first movie, a distorted sequel with even more sour tasting Joke, then we have the third one which I think the trailer summarized just how much of a debacle that movie would be so I dared not spend a moment of my life. Catwoman? Wow. Still, it got a fan base for some god awful reason. I honestly believe that Daredevil and Batman trilogy had a lot in common. That's how much I hated Nolan's adaptation of "Batman".

Now let's talk Iron Man trilogy. First movie was great. Second movie was good. Third... let's put it this way. They did a fantastic job distorting TWO MAJOR areas of the Iron Man lore from two different generation! There were a lot of good things about the movie, don't get me wrong. Still enjoyed it. But Mandarin? Extremis? That and the whole 'clean slate' protocol.... Damn.

Still, I'm not much for sour note since it was still a good trilogy. Maybe I should let the third one settle in a bit more then I can have a better opinion later. Maybe I know too much about Iron Man that deters me from enjoying the third movie in full. It did what Nolan and Riami did which is... BAD formula.

That's all. Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment