Thursday, May 24, 2012

"What If--- Video Game Avengers Assemble!"

WHAT IF?!



So...  A fellow Forum member of mine came up with this nifty little idea of a "what if" of Avengers that are compiled by Video Game characters. Well, the mainstream Movie version of Avengers anyways. It would take eon and days to try and put in all the members of Avengers in there and their video game counter part. So without further adieu--- Here is my list!


CAPTAIN AMERICA:
WHYSteve Rogers is a soldier with the knack for the art of war because of experience, his will to keep fighting, of course the Super Soldier Serum's influence, but the one thing about him is his ability to lead and inspire. Well, needless to say Commander Shepard did just that in all three games regardless of what choice the player decides to play as him/her. Very similar as to how Cap influenced the Heroes and Heroines of the Avengers and the rest of the Marvel Universe, Shepard had a command presence that led her squad through suicide missions left and right and not to mention she had enough voice to even unite the whole galaxy against the biggest threat of all! So it's only fitting I pick her to fill the Red, White, and Blue.


IRON MAN
WHY: I thought long and hard about this one. Iron Man is on the top list of being one of my favorite characters in the comic book world so who is worthy enough in the gaming world to fill his shoes/boots/armor? Well, not many. And I'm not saying there isn't a videogame character out there badass enough, there are! I can't count how many of them are there! BUT! His charismatic personality that is pompous, charming, and hilarious! So with a lot of thought put into this one, I decided to use a completely bipolar opposite of Mr. Stark and the choice is Kosmos from Xenogears. Consider the fact that she is mostly 'Iron' than Maiden with a personality of computer and the fact that sex isn't part of her memory drive. Yeah I went backwards on this one, but I like the end result! She is a war machine on her own rights, she constantly changed her outfit/model/mark in the trilogy and she talks like Jarvis, in a way. So needless to say I think I outdid myself in some of my contrasting though process by picking her.


THOR:
WHY: I'll have to piggy back on the idea of this one. Thor is the god of Thunder and he controls that said element with a harsh and poetic justice. Truth to be told, and this is just a geek complaint, he was a little de-powered, but needless to say, it still worked well. But back to the point... video game counter part would be the FFXIII lead herself: Lightning/Claire Farron! She rides a summon named Odin(A popular on going summon in the FF realm, mind you), her element of choice is her namesake, that and she was a 'Guardian of the Goddess' in FFXIII-2. Fits well I think so too!


HAWKEYE:
WHY: Have to admit, Hawekeye's movie counter part was such a good transmigration for the character. Not that Clint wasn't a badass in the comic book but he seemed to lack good flavor in regards to outfit! Well with Comic book movies seemingly trying to make costumes as modern as practical as ever, well, we have ourselves a good change. So for my choice? Well, I have to say Leiliana from Dragon Age had a really immaculate shot in the CG trailer of Dragon Age Origins. I'll never forget her speech and how she shot that arrow. It was satisfyingly sexy and all at the same time deadly. Other than that, there isn't much similarity between the two. But hey, let's count our blessings!


HULK:
WHY: I'm only basing this on Hulk and not on Banner so with that said, Hulk lacked real vocabulary or any real intelligent thought process for that matter. I'm not entirely sure if the movie was trying to convey him as the pure raging behemoth like he mostly is in the comics or if he is the Banner controlled one, regardless he still remained to be the strong, destructive, and unstoppable juggernaut (PUN!) that he is suppose to be. So my pick is Ayla since her brute strength is her greatest quality but she lacks any real fluent way to speak since she is a cavewoman. While she doesn't get gargantuan like Hulk, she could lift boulders many times her size and she smashes like the Green Rage himself!


BLACK WIDOW:
WHY: If you guys haven't gotten the pattern I picked mostly femme fatales to be part of my 'What If' Team of Avengers. Well in the movie, the only female character is Black Widow so it's only a good sorts if I make this team to have one male character and that is the form of Ryu Hayabusa as Black Widow. The Russian spy had no super powers, but she had the knack for many arts of combat, utility off the boot, knowledge for spying(duh), stealth, and in the comics she was a cold brutal murderer. The movie also insinuated on that part of her life style as well so... Ryu Hayabusa. A Ninja. need I say more? And look! He even has her ever so popular POSE!!!!


Nick Fury:
Why: I was really contemplating on either Sheva or Jill. Well... I would've been going off more on the racial thing if I chose Sheva so the end result is none other than Ms. Valentine. So yes I know, Jill never led a whole entire 'team' as big as SHIELD, however I'm basing it on skill, knowledge of tactics, quality as a 'leader', and MAYBE one day if BSAA did get as big as SHIELD Jill would have the sufficient qualifications to be the director of the organization. Like Fury, while she can be in the background directing or what not, she is more than enough to handle herself in a fight.

VILLAIN:
WHY: The Shadaloo Crime boss with the Pyscho Power always scared the living crap out of me when I was young. He is infamous for many things in his lifetime (or video game career) that one can't even fathom if this man actually has a beating heart inside of him! He fights like a maniac and sometimes depicted overly powerful even against the combination of Ryu and Ken. He has no qualms about using human beings as puppets and when their tasks are done they are expendable by his authority. This guy is just plain BAD! Evil to the godamn bone! So let's give him the credit of being one of the most EVIL being that ever got created for the video game world!


SO! Those are my pick for this nice little topic that I found rather fun and somewhat thought provoking. While my intent was to create the best pick for the set of 'rules' I was given and of course for the guidelines I gave to myself, I think it came out somewhat well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment