Friday, September 12, 2014

ML Groot: Drax


Drax the destroyer! Here is the underdog of the movie! I was never a big fan of Drax in the comic books and much less when I saw him on the big screen! Though something in the movie and the way he portrayed his character that really got me to like this guy... and his action figure counter part? Well, we'll see.


That drawing on the side panel of the box does look like the actor: Bautista. Side note, I used to watch wrestling and Bautista was just coming on when I was ending my charades with the male soap opera era... didn't see too much of his acting, but he was awesome in Guardians of the Galaxy.


Now I never really got Drax's design in the comic books; or should I say I never got what was inspiring about it. He had two and both didn't appeal me. The first time I saw his movie version I was 'meh' about it, seeing him in the movie made me like him because of who he is and not his costume design(in fact, that's how I feel about the Guardians of The Galaxy team; none of them really have a great costume design). Though this figure does his movie counter part justice. There is a lot of sculpted details on his 'tattoos/marks', in fact, ALL of them are sculpted in. The trousers aren't bad, the boots came out pretty good so no qualms. His body mold is a muscular type that truly fits Drax. Panting is good so I have no complaints.


Well I suppose Drax having two daggers count as three accessories if I count the BAF piece of Groot as one. Not much to see here.


In terms of articulation, Drax is pretty standard and that's a good thing. He can do a lot of things that I would normally wish for a figure can do with the modern day standard. Though he is pretty heavy and having him pose in my stand doesn't work out quire as well as the other lighter Legends that I have reviewed in the past. And not that I'll ever pose him without his daggers on his hand often but, he does come with sheathes on his boots. Movie accurate.


All in all, Drax is definitely the better out of Gamora and him. I ended up liking this figure so much more for the simple fact that he sure has a lot of details and I didn't really have high expectations for him to begin with. The resemblance to the actor, the good sculpted detail, and the standard articulation makes Drax one of the better ones in the wave!

No comments:

Post a Comment