Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Currently Playing:


Ah yes. Finally a Video Game that will really entice me for a bit. Perhaps gaming became a very sparse hobby as of late, but there are still games in my radar that I am more than happy to indulge on. This game being one of them, of course! So how to start off with "D2" in the first few hours of gameplay?

Well....


The whimsical and somewhat downright juvenile humor remains!


The Disgeae charm to say the least! And that's just me saying it in the first chapter. I'm sure it is a perpetual flavor considering that all Disgeae sequels(despite them not being direct sequels for Laharl and crew) all have that same zest to them.


Gameplay remains the same. Special moves are just vibrant and just downright aesthetically funny as they were before in previous games. There are some 'new' flavors added, but it's still the same old song; something that should never be fully messed with since it's a system that works.


Customization remains starkly the same. There was some 'major difference' described in an article I read about this segment. I have yet to run across this 'major change'. Regardless, I invite the old system(duh) and whatever 'new' and innovative element they can add to this.


Artwork still there. A big improvement can be deciphered if one puts the original Disgeae and the direct sequel's artwork side to side. The witty lines are still prominent as well as it ties in with the humor part.

All in all, I'm enjoying this game. While it was only the 3rd one that I didn't much care for, to have Laharl, Etna, and Flonne back as the main three is more than an added perk! It's zenith and nostalgia in one!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment