Monday, July 1, 2013

Marvel Legends: Villains!!!


There is a slight change in my 'shelf one'. As a collector of this genre, I have recently rekindled my 'BAF'(build a figure) love. While I am not going to go all out and purchase EVERY SINGLE one that I seem to have touched base with because of certain characters I decided to buy have a piece of a BAF(Spider-Woman, Heroes Reborn Iron Man, etc etc).  Certain ones from the days of Toybiz do catch my Collector eyes(and pride) and perhaps I'll be tackling them when I have the means. As of right now though, I'm just going to flaunt some of my rogue of Villains from the Marvel Universe!

Abomination
I'm not going to claim I know EVERYTHING about these characters so I'll touch on the most important points that I know! With that said, Abomination is Hulk's rival. From what I can gather, he has equal strength for the most part. As to his other origins, well, that's where wiki will come in handy! He's green and looks like the creature of the black lagoon! Onslaught Series.

Blackheart
The son of Mephisto. He rules a certain part of hell and his powers seems to fall in the genre like all dark lords would! He controls evil minions, has deception on his side, immortal, and has the tendency to find himself hunted down by the magical forces of the Marvel Universe! Onslaught Series.

Green Goblin
So Norman Osborn is a man I am a bit more equipped to capsulize but I'll leave it a bit more terse. Spider-Man's greatest rival who has bestowed enough tragedy on the Wall Crawler's life that almost pushed him to the edge. Armed with advanced gadgets such as bombs, a glider, dangerous sharp blades , and able to omit beams out of his hand, this guy has more tricks than he has treats! Onslaught Series.

The Kingpin
Wilson Fisk has no super powers. He has strength and intelligence that surpasses your average man, however he is lethal enough that the likes of Spider-Man, Daredevil, Moon Knight, and Iron Fist fears fights him with caution. That is if these said heroes can even get  close enough to him with the amount of resources and henchmen that he seems to control on the whim. The Versus Series.

Lady Deathstrike
Yuriko Oyama! Somehow I am more enamored by her X2 aberration! But no matter. A woman who has the fire for Logan(good ole Canuckle head!); and what I mean by fire is, Vengeance! She resents him so much that she altered her whole body to make her into a cyborg! She got a really violent manicure suffice to say! Amongst other things. Onslaught series.

Loki
The Thor and the Avengers movie pretty much got the main points of Thor's brother. Let's see where the Dark World is heading to though... but enough of that. This figure(the variant) is awful. The 'crown of lies' makes him look so defective that I don't even have the will to talk about the character instead ridicule the damn figure! An honest mistake since the original version has a resemblance of his 'reindeer games' helmet. Oh well. It's the piece that counts. Onslaught series.

Pyro
I don't have a clue why he has 'bug eyes'. Perhaps he is trying to be a 'fire fly' or a 'fire ant'? I don't know. Regardless, I know VERY little about this character. I know he can control fire and whimsically make them into anything he desires! It's why he wears a fire apparatus maker on his back! Putting the character aside, this is my favorite figure from the Onslaught series! Vibrant! Great posing capability and rather hilarious as well. Onslaught series.

Taskmaster
He can copy any fighting skill and moves of any known hero just by watching them. So is he 'karate trash'? He can use a shield like Captain America! Shoot arrows like Hawkeye! Agile like Daredevil and Spider-Man! He uses a sword like... I don't know! Silver Samurai??? He shoots a gun like... Punisher. And why he walks around looking like a grim reaper with pirate boots? One can only fathom! Rider Series.

Well, that concludes this post. It is July after all and there will be a plethora of other toy posts coming soon! Just this post alone insinuates 'someone' coming! Anyways!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment